Happy Eating Disorder Awareness Week

Options
jess1992uga
jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
Hey everyone-
Today was the official start of Eating Disorder Awareness Week. I thought it would be nice if maybe we gave ourselves a goal for the week or for each day to make our eating disorders aware that they don't control us any more. They can be small or big, whatever you are comfortable with. For me for the week:
1. Hold myself accountable that if weight drops I will increase cals again
2. Be aware and correct any tendency to move extra of cut back cals
3. Counter negative self- talk

Per day:
Monday: have fear food sandwich on white bread
Tuesday: Enjoy the right portion of trail mix
Wednesday: Eat what I need to no matter how I do on the exam
Thursday: Do yoga and not overexert
Friday: Be open and honest with my nutritionist and agree to whatever recommendation she gives me
Saturday: Either enjoy the 2nd day of yoga if nutritionist gives me it OR accept the extra 45 minutes not doing yoga to do something fun

Hope you all are well. Let's make this a recovery themed NEDA week :)

Replies

• beccalucy
    beccalucy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Looks like a challenging week ahead Jess, but I'm sure you'll do it.

In general;
    - reach 1000 calories daily
    - omit chocolate from diet completely
    - stop relying on flapjack and find other 'safe' foods.

Monday; Eat at least 1000 calories despite it being an emotional day.
    Tuesday; Eat out without panicking (working away)
    Wednesday; If I don't fit a run in due to timing don't compensate by reducing food.
    Thursday; Try trail mix instead of flapjack
    Friday; Pre-plan food and not fast despite it being family fast day for church.
    Saturday; Run a successful half marathon!
  • cowlover22
    cowlover22 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a plan..Well I already am trying to get to 1500 cal 3 times this week.
    2.Eat al teast 1000 cals on the other days
    3.Have dinner at my friends house this week.
    4.Try to challenge my thinking before it gets to out of control.
    5. Ask for help if I need it(HELP) lol
    6.Eat before work to prevent low blood sugars(or dont go more than 5 hours without eating)
    7. No soup or chicken broth
    Hope this helps me stick to things. This week isnt starting out to good..
  • jess1992uga
    Options
    Awww Theresa I am sorry to hear your week isn't starting out good. Message me if you need anything. I have found that eating every 2-3 hours has really helped my body adjust. I love you girl and you got this ;)
    Becca- This is going to be a tough week, but with God and you girls on my side nothing can hold us back. In fact, I believe nothing can hold any of us back if we fight together :) You got this girl and make sure on the half marathon day you fuel up extra. I don't wanna see you hurt or worse.
  • oftheearth
    oftheearth Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I hope to do something on my college campus next year to raise awareness of eating disorders. There seems to be no group doing such thing as of now.
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    That's a neat idea! This week here's what I will achieve:
    - Stick to my meal plan and get 2000-2500 calories every day.
    - Make an effort with my appearance because it helps my confidence and I deserve to look beautiful every day.
    - Remember to take an emergency snack everywhere so I don't end up stuck and without food.
    - Make some progress towards not thinking so much about the scale especially since it's doing the right thing!
  • cowlover22
    Options
    Sounds like a plan..Well I already am trying to get to 1500 cal 3 times this week.
    2.Eat al teast 1000 cals on the other days
    3.Have dinner at my friends house this week.
    4.Try to challenge my thinking before it gets to out of control.
    5. Ask for help if I need it(HELP) lol
    6.Eat before work to prevent low blood sugars(or dont go more than 5 hours without eating)
    7. No soup or chicken broth
    Hope this helps me stick to things. This week isnt starting out to good..
    So far I have only done number 5...
  • beccalucy
    beccalucy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Looks like a challenging week ahead Jess, but I'm sure you'll do it.

In general;
    - reach 1000 calories daily
    - omit chocolate from diet completely
    - stop relying on flapjack and find other 'safe' foods.

Monday; Eat at least 1000 calories despite it being an emotional day.
    Tuesday; Eat out without panicking (working away)
    Wednesday; If I don't fit a run in due to timing don't compensate by reducing food.
    Thursday; Try trail mix instead of flapjack
    Friday; Pre-plan food and not fast despite it being family fast day for church.
    Saturday; Run a successful half marathon!

I've not really managed any of these this week. I met my goal Monday, but it's gone downhill from there. Overnight I'm petrified of flapjack which makes no sense.
  • jess1992uga
    Options
    Hey everyone-
    Today was the official start of Eating Disorder Awareness Week. I thought it would be nice if maybe we gave ourselves a goal for the week or for each day to make our eating disorders aware that they don't control us any more. They can be small or big, whatever you are comfortable with. For me for the week:
    1. Hold myself accountable that if weight drops I will increase cals again
    2. Be aware and correct any tendency to move extra of cut back cals
    3. Counter negative self- talk

Per day:
    Monday: have fear food sandwich on white bread
    Tuesday: Enjoy the right portion of trail mix
    Wednesday: Eat what I need to no matter how I do on the exam
    Thursday: Do yoga and not overexert
    Friday: Be open and honest with my nutritionist and agree to whatever recommendation she gives me
    Saturday: Either enjoy the 2nd day of yoga if nutritionist gives me it OR accept the extra 45 minutes not doing yoga to do something fun

Hope you all are well. Let's make this a recovery themed NEDA week :)

So far I had done everything except my weight dropped and I didn't increase intake. Have a nutrition appt today though so I will probably get the increase then.
  • cowlover22
    Options
    Good job Jess..I have not had a great week, but hit 1500 one day and seeing my therapist 2 times a week right now.Must be tis time of year or something but I really hate being this depressed! Having trouble putting on my happy face for work..Hope everyone else continues to work hard and is doing well.