Welcome New Members!

Options
Welcome,feel free to post and invite your friends!

Replies

• hilton9
    hilton9 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Rachel. I live it Moore.
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Rachel too, LOL and I live in Norman!
  • mrshayes1584
    Options
    Welcome Rachels :)
  • mrshayes1584
    Options
    I'm Larla, a norman mom long overdue in losing baby weight. My son is almost two! I'm counting calories,doing zumba and this weekend I'll begin the Insanity program to reach my goal weight :)
  • ladysuperfish
    ladysuperfish Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Howdy fellow fighters! My name is Sheena. i"m from Oklahoma City. other than the myfitnesspal site in general this is the first "support" type group that i've joined. i'm excited! i've learned lately, more so than ever, that support is HIGHLY necessary.
  • hilton9
    hilton9 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm Larla, a norman mom long overdue in losing baby weight. My son is almost two! I'm counting calories,doing zumba and this weekend I'll begin the Insanity program to reach my goal weight :)

My son is turning 18 months in a another week! And i haven't lost any of the baby weight. :(
  • mrshayes1584
    Options
    Welcome!Yes,support is soo good.I've done fitpal before but only logged my weight.I'm really getting into the support portion now though bc I've reached my platuea and I know that others who aren't losing don't want to talk about my weight all the time. Here we can help each other and most of all encourage! Nice to have you here,bring your friends too :)
  • mrshayes1584
    Options
    Until I got serious about my diet on the first of the year I hadn't either. I'd wrestle back and forth with the same 10lbs and try to work out sporatically while eating what I wanted. Keep fighting the good fight.We'll get there:)
  • kjones3535
    kjones3535 Posts: 139
    Options
    I am Katie, 30 years old, and live in Norman. My daughter will be 2 in less than two weeks and have lost some of the baby weight since I started MFP. I just recently changed my goal to 150 (it was originally 160) so I have about 17 lbs to reach my goal. A mini goal for me is 160 by April 14 since that is when we will be the first day of our beach vacation. So 7 lbs in about 6 weeks (reasonable I think).

Glad to meet everyone else and good luck with the weight loss.
  • kristypie
    kristypie Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Kristy and I live in OKC.
  • mrshayes1584
    Options
    Nice to have you here :) Thanks for joining.
  • mrsgroove
    mrsgroove Posts: 44
    Options
    Hello! I'm Barbara, I live in Norman and have two kids, 11 year old boy and 4 year old girl, a husband who is also on MFP. Glad to see a Norman/OKC group and I hope you will add me as a friend, if you like. I'm really just now getting into the group and message boards and have found them to be pretty amazing! I work full time and also do some part time work on the side so finding time to exercise has been my biggest challenge. I go to Tan and Tone for the robotic fitness and also have been taking a beginner's yoga class once a week. Looking forward to getting to know you all!
  • mrshayes1584
    Options
    Welcome.Until this week I haven't really been taking advantage of the groups and other communcation aspects of the website but I'm finding it is very helpful. It's nice too because I feel like you have to be somewhat obsessed in order to stay on track but I'm sure the people closest to me who aren't dieting don't want to hear my every thought about my food,body and journey that I have. Thanks for joining and have a great weekend!
  • jamama8
    jamama8 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi group! I'm Jamie. Thanks for the invite and pointing me in the direction of the boards. I have been using the mfp app for 47 days now and I didn't even know about the boards since I only use the phone app. I was just starting to get really bored looking at my own data. I just had my 2nd baby in November and I am in the process of reclaiming my body. I lost all the baby weight quickly but I wasn't too happy with my shape and I know I should weigh less. So I found mfp and I've lost 20 lbs so far. It came off pretty fast but I am watching my calories and nutrients closely and certainly not starving. I think my body is just saying Thank you because that weight wasn't supposed to be there. Good luck everyone!
  • ruthanator
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am Ruth. I live in OKC.
  • jillybean0123
    jillybean0123 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Jillian and I'm from Bethany. I seem to be in the minority in that it isn't baby weight I'm trying to lose (unless you count the fact that I was a chunky baby to begin with lol). I'm 24 and have 2 full time jobs plus 2 puppies and school. It's nice to be here and have people to talk to about my weight loss journey other than my sister, who can't relate at all.
  • mrshayes1584
    Options
    Great to see all you new members! Let's keep each other motivated and keep fighting the good fight. Welcome and have a great day:)
  • poptman
    poptman Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, I'm Bryan from Norman and I guess I'm the only guy here!
  • mrshayes1584
    Options
    You're not the only one,although I do think you're the only one to read the boards.Try posting a topic you think other guys might be interested in too. But don't forget about us ladies too,we're all in this together:) Welcome!