WORK OUTS ...

Options
ok im looking for work out tips
i want to lose weight and keep my body firm
i dont know what is the best work out ...
also im wondering if there is a certain altering fitness you do
im not an actual member im a guest with my sister
so idk if i can use the trainer also or what and what i should do
my fell pf members please please any advice

>>>>> right now <<<<<<
i do 35 on an arc trainer
ab curler
and the side ways ab curler
i do leg lifts
and i do the machine for arms only the upwards one

i want to lose weight and get firm / not gain muscle ..
please help

Replies

• SarahBrown1979
    SarahBrown1979 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Talk to your trainer at your gym, i went over my goals with our trainer and she said since I'm not looking to gain muscle but loss weight n tone---- 45 mins on the ARCH (hated at first, love that machine now) and then with the weights to start out (for me ) 15 reps on each machine and then once that gets easy then do 15 reps twice, once that gets easy-20 reps (1x), easy 20 reps 2x's, then 30 reps (1x), easy 30 reps 2x's, so until it is completely easy for me on the weight to then bump up the weight amt ( which started me out at dif levels for dif machines) But I'm sure if you ask one of your trainers there they will help you out for your level of fitness, I'm much bigger then you so I have diff goals, But good luck!
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    yep thats basically same here i hated arc but now i love it i feel so energized afterwards ... what setting do you do ,... i been doing weight loss for 25 and then my last 20 i do hill interval
  • SarahBrown1979
    SarahBrown1979 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    The trainer told me not to touch the setting b/c the readings aren't that correct. I but when I do get up to 180 or more strides per min I get more of a resistance. But that doesn't happen often! lol I love how it makes me feel after! I feel like a proud peacock walking through there after, especially after having someone get on after I do and get off before me and they are in better shape! lol I love that moment!!! I hear the best read for cal burned is from a HRM but waiting to get funds to buy one.
  • whtlatina1214
    Options
    same here but im afraid to not understand how to use it ,lol
  • Mdluge
    Options
    What's an HRM, if you don't mind my asking? Oh and the arc trainer is my favorite thing in the world. I have a bum ankle and it's so low impact. I get to feel all sweaty and awesome without the pain from a past injury! So glad I joined!
  • whtlatina1214
    Options
    a hrm is a heart rate monitor lol it took me forever to figure it out lol just like bump lol ... but yeah i like the arc trainer but i just really really wabnt to loose a lot of weight before june and im not shedding as quickly as i wanted ...
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    which one is the arc trainer? I think I use it, but is doesnt mesure strides, only speed.
  • whtlatina1214
    Options
    umm i know usually they are right by the elliptical and they have fans on them really freaky looking lol
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Oh, ok. I have used those and I like them. I can't do them all the time because they hurt the arch of my feet if I go too fast.
  • diana_marie8302
    diana_marie8302 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Talk to your trainer at your gym, i went over my goals with our trainer and she said since I'm not looking to gain muscle but loss weight n tone---- 45 mins on the ARCH (hated at first, love that machine now) and then with the weights to start out (for me ) 15 reps on each machine and then once that gets easy then do 15 reps twice, once that gets easy-20 reps (1x), easy 20 reps 2x's, then 30 reps (1x), easy 30 reps 2x's, so until it is completely easy for me on the weight to then bump up the weight amt ( which started me out at dif levels for dif machines) But I'm sure if you ask one of your trainers there they will help you out for your level of fitness, I'm much bigger then you so I have diff goals, But good luck!

How do you enter the Arc trainer into MFP? I've used it before and usually just tack my time onto my time on the elliptical machine.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    anyone work out at a planet fitness in ILLINOIS OR CHICAGO?
  • stephaneb74
    stephaneb74 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    As per recommendation of the trainer, and given my goals of losing weight first with a low impact (bad knees) exercise, this is my schedule....

6 times a week with Tuesday off; 30 minutes cardio (typically walking up hills at brisk pace 3.5mph) everytime. 30 minutes express in addition to that every other day ....

added to the MFP logging of calories, I have started to lose weight, I am more motivated to go to the gym and take care of myself...
  • Mitzikittee
    Mitzikittee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Rockford
  • SalemBoSox88
    Options
    Stay consistant.