When is your BIG day? And Where?

Options
gigisview
gigisview Posts: 13 Member
Tell about you upcoming nuptials.

Replies

• halloweeny_bride27
    Options
    Mine is 10-27-12 and I need to lose 30ish lbs before I get my dress altered in August/September. My wedding is Halloween themed we are having 70 guests It is all I think about but I am seriously struggling to START my wedding dress diet. I keep starting and getting off track then re-starting. This group will be great to keep me motivated to the wedding...after the wedding I'll have another 40-60 lbs to go til my long term goal!
  • kolkol
    kolkol Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I know it is very hard to stay on track, but because I now have my own wedding coming I know I can do it and Im down 15 lbs in 5 weeks!!! I normally only stick to healthy eating & lose weight when I have something to look forward to like being in someones wedding or going on a trip that I have to wear a bathing suit on. Or even a class reunion. I am also in a biggest loser competition too so that really helps. I have to finish college this year and my wedding is next Summer 2013!!!
  • srenea9
    srenea9 Posts: 142
    Options
    Well my wedding was supposed to be in April but we didnt have enough money, so we moved it, we just dont have another date set yet. But i already bougt my dress, and i like it, but i just dont like how i feel in it. I think the most thing I'm nervous about is standing in front of all of our family and having them judge us. there is only going to be about 50 people there. My main goal is to lose 70 lbs. hopefully by christmas. But so far my start is really slow, I need to get my mindset together and then get the ball rolling. Because losing 70 pounds isn't ging to be easy.
  • kimberleedawn2012
    Options
    We are getting married at my fiance`s family farm in the back garden. July 7th 2012, it`s coming up fast and I NEED to lose weight by then, I was feeling over confident and ordered a smaller dress. Ekkk... Well guess I work well under pressure.
  • mquickel
    mquickel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    We are getting married October 6th, 2012 at a small chapel in Charlotte, NC. We have around 100 ppl coming to the service, and 160-170 at the reception. I have already lost 16 lbs since October, but just want to drop about 7-10 more. I borrowed the dress from a friend, and it is pretty exciting bc I already need to get it taken in! I am not only doing this for my wedding, but to build a healthier life for my fiance and myself!
  • ardove4
    Options
    Me and my hubby were married in July of 2008 but were pregnant and did not have the big to do. So for our five year reunion we are doing the big celebration. So our renewal date will be Oct 12,2013 in ballwin,mo. I am so excited and so nervous I want to lose 65 pounds before I walk down the isle.
  • Pattiann237
    Options
    My wedding is in Pennsville, NJ. August 4th, less then 6 months away! I want to lose some lbs/ tone up before the wedding, but I also want to lose some weight before we start trying to get pregnant AFTER the wedding!
  • Kattaway
    Options
    My wedding is May 26, 2012 and we are having a small, intimate sunset beach wedding in Ocean City, MD (about three hours from here). We will have about 25 guests. No reception, just going to a nice restaurant after the ceremony for dinner and drinks. I am wearing a spaghetti strapped A line dress, very simple but perfect for a beach wedding!
  • SherylAnn80
    SherylAnn80 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    :) oh look what Ive Started. I'm so very happy for you all ladies keep up the great work. When we're not busy planning a wedding lets remember to choose healthy foods drink lots of water and exercise regularly :)
    My big day in October 22 2012 :)
  • ltakaki71
    ltakaki71 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have 2 weddings. One on 05/05/12 on Oahu and a second in Arizona on 08/25/12 where my fiance is from. The Oahu wedding will be by the beach with about 80 people. The Arizona wedding will be at a wedding reception site with about 120 people. My time is way short and to lose some weight before the first wedding would be great. Now if I can lose enough weight by the second wedding so I have to get a new dress, now that would be awesome!
  • hannah_j18
    Options
    My wedding is August 25th 2012! I getting married outdoors in rural Oregon, 5 mountain view, sunset, eco-country-vintage theme, perfect groom. The only thing missing is me feeling my absolute best! My wedding being late summer gives me plenty of time to feel my absolute best. I want to lose 22 pounds, at 1 pound a week. I have never been very good at counting calories, but hopefully this website makes it easier. I'm also hoping that a group of like minded women can really motivate me to get off my butt and move.

We can do this ladies!!

17618460.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Jus1molbplz
    Options
    I'm getting married in June or July of this year - we have the place picked out and already deposited on... now if only we could set a firm date...... We are getting married in a large city owed home that is there just for such an occasion - it is very vintage, but classy and perfect for our styles. I have already lost 59lbs but would like to lose another 20 before the wedding and then after that I would like to lose another 20.. reaching 160 for my big wonderful day would be great- and eventually be 140 would be the ULTIMATE goal :D Good luck ladies I know this is alll very exciting!
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    We are getting married Sept, 14, 2013.

We are getting married in Oakville, Ontario, Canada. We have booked our reception venue, http://www.atriumbc.ca/index.php We are expecting 125 people. We would like to get married in a Church.

Lots of work to be done.. I want to shop for my dress in June - but I'd like to get down a few pounds before I start to try anything on.

I have been on MFP since April 2010 where I have lost 30lbs, however in November I fell and fractured my elbow in 4 places and needed surgery (26 screws and 3 plates later my elbow is put back together). Still have one of my fractures that is still healing, so my workouts are limited to biking and running for now, and some abs that dont require my arms. I am not allowed to lift anything more than 2 lbs. But I do work my legs with strength training. Since November I have probably gained back sme of the weight I had lost, (havent been on the scale as of late *too nervous* But I have definetely lost a lot of my toning and arm strength.

Hoping my arm heals quickly and I can get back to harder stuff like planks, and arm/shouler/back strength training and do 30 day shred again.

Looking forward to this journey :) and cheers to OUR amazing Bride Bodies :):):)
  • crzybeautiful11
    Options
    Just found this group :) I am getting married 11-11-12 in Las Vegas! I would love to lose 25lbs by then, but mainly I want to get myself back on track and stop making excuses!!! Congrats to all of the brides :)
  • johajkh
    johajkh Posts: 5
    Options
    5/12/12!!!
    ***Note to all brides: flowers are more expensive on Mother's Day Weekend!

We are getting married in Montgomery, Alabama. My goal is to lose ~9 pounds and get in rockin' good shape!
  • johajkh
    johajkh Posts: 5
    Options
    I have 2 weddings. One on 05/05/12 on Oahu and a second in Arizona on 08/25/12 where my fiance is from. The Oahu wedding will be by the beach with about 80 people. The Arizona wedding will be at a wedding reception site with about 120 people. My time is way short and to lose some weight before the first wedding would be great. Now if I can lose enough weight by the second wedding so I have to get a new dress, now that would be awesome!

Congrats! I am getting married the week after your Oahu wedding.
    My future husband and I are moving to Honolulu in August for him to attend UH Manoa School of Law!
    Good luck with your goals!
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married 18 August 2012 in Atlanta, GA. I've lost 10 pounds since New Years and plan to lose another 6 before my dress is due to arrive at the end of April. It's been a interesting journey of weeks with big drops followed by weeks of plateau. But I've been holding to the idea that with hard work, the scale will move again! Mostly this is also a journey to get to know my body again after the baby. Taking off the weight was never this hard before her arrival! Hope to be the sexy mom at the wedding!
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married 18 August 2012 in Atlanta, GA. I've lost 10 pounds since New Years and plan to lose another 6 before my dress is due to arrive at the end of April. It's been a interesting journey of weeks with big drops followed by weeks of plateau. But I've been holding to the idea that with hard work, the scale will move again! Mostly this is also a journey to get to know my body again after the baby. Taking off the weight was never this hard before her arrival! Hope to be the sexy mom at the wedding!

Congratz on ur 10 lbs gone already. Plateuas suck.. but dont give up!! Keep up the fight, and keep yourself exercising and eating healthy u will see a loss again soon!! U will be a hot mama for ur wedding - I just know it
  • dukediva02
    Options
    Hey there everyone!!! I just joined myfitnesspall to help me fight through those last few pounds before our April 21 wedding! when we got engaged I was 175 (biggest ever!) and now I'm at 152!!

I purchased my sample gown (a beautiful Oscar de la Renta) that I could NEVER afforded as a brand new dress, and it was SUPER tight at the time. Now it fits and is actually a little big on top!!!!

My goal is to be a 145 by the time our wedding comes around so I am really working hard for these last few weeks.

Let's GO!!!
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Thx for the vote of confidence. Hope your elbow heals up. A injury always sucks! Plus side, sounds like you have plenty of time to get to heal up before your wedding and are well on your way to your goal!