Nutrition with your porgram-what works for you?

Options
Hey all,
I'm looking for some tips and tricks when it comes to eating right and eating enough during Insanity. I'm not following the meal plan, I have my own and it seems to be working well for me so far. I'm never hungry or sick feeling. Here is a bit of a daily break down:

~1500 calories/day
Breakfast-400 calories
Mid-morning snack-400 calories
Lunch- 200 calories
Mid afternoon snack- 150 calories
Supper- 400 calories

I eat healthy, I don't have any refined carbs or a lot of sugar. I eat a lot of veggies and egg whites. I also have two cups of black coffee in the morning at work.
I burn about 380 calories doing Insanity first thing in the morning
I walk the dog after work, another 200 calories.
I always get at least 7.5 hours of sleep at night

So what works and doesn't work for you?

Replies

• charmedlife78
    Options
    My nutrition for the most part is pretty healthy. 1530 is my calorie goals every day. Breakfast is usually between 350-400. Mid Morning snack 100-180. Lunch varies greatly, sometimes 200- to around 400, Afternoon snack is usually 100-170. and then supper is my downfall. I usually slack on portioning out, even though i eat healthy for supper- portions arent measured!! I usually have calories left over for a snack- ill either do a sugar free pudding cup, or 1/2 cup of greek yogurt , sometimes popcorn.

I wish i was one of those people that didnt need a dessert after a meal but i usually like a taste of something, and if supper is too early then ill eat a tablespoon of peanut butter around 8 ish. I love your nutrition plan becca. Like ive said in other posts, ive got the fitness down pat, i dont have to fight with myself to push play ever- but i get slack with portion sizes.
  • BeccaMovinUp
    Options
    Thank you Charmed :)
    I hear you on the dessert thing, I have a major sweet tooth and the day just doesn't seem to be complete without something tasty in the evening! My secret weapon is little sugar-free hard candies. I have three of them after supper and I'm good to go. It's also good for portion control because if I have any more than 3, I get..well..flatulent :).
  • charmedlife78
    Options
    oh wow never thought of that idea! and yes those sugar free candies will do that! lol, last night i was so proud of myself i made some hot cinnamon apple tea and because its sweet and i put some vanilla zero calorie syrup in it, that did the trick. i will try your trick though! thanks soo much for that
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing good with your healthy eating style. The only thing I would recommend is eat clean, raw, and whole grains. Also set an alarm on your phone every 2-3hrs so that it will remind you its time to eat something....whether its a meal or a snack. Also pre packing for preparing foods ahead of time will also help in having enough food available while you are at work, running errands, or simply at home. Or make a meal/snack schedule and post it to your fridge.
    Its hard to remember when to eat even though it may not seem like it would be.