Challenges for weeks 2/20/12 - 3/5/12

Options
hm_day
hm_day Posts: 857 Member
Hello everyone! Hope everyone's been well lately! Here are the new challenges for the upcoming weeks.

Nutrition: Meet your goals for protein. It's best for muscles and burning more calories :)
Exercise: Create a routine and stick to it!
Wellness: Do something not exercise related that is still good for you. For example, gardening is a great form of exercise!!

Replies

• twilightfan20
    twilightfan20 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Awww, I wish the site would update me when you post to the forum. I didn't know a new challenge was up!

Well, I've been walking non-stop for my exercise for the last few days burning from 600-700 calories per walk.
    I've actually been able to keep a pretty high protein count on my diary so far.
    Sleeping is a very good non-exercise lol!!!! I think I'll be doing more of that!
  • hm_day
    Options
    LOL Sleep is good!
    Wow! 600-700 calories per WALK? How far are you walking, girl?!
  • twilightfan20
    twilightfan20 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    There are two lakes by the campus, and each is about 3-4 miles long, plus, instead of driving and parking near them, I walk directly to and from my apartment on campus which adds extra calories burned!! The walks usually take about an hour to an hour and a half.
  • hm_day
    Options
    That's a great workout! Good for you, girl :)
  • hm_day
    Options
    Okay, so my report so far.

I've been eating more protein, but haven't been meeting my goal.
    As for my routine, I plan on making a real routine, preferably one with the workouts recommended for my race in August.
    For non-exercise related wellness stuff, I've been taking in more fruits.
  • hm_day
    Options
    Okay, I'm gonna push these challenges for another week. I'm back on the wagon for good :)
  • hm_day
    Options
    My report:
    I've been taking in a lot more protein than before. Still not meeting my goal, but I am taking in a lot more :)
    I don't have a special routine yet. But I do need to create one. That will be my goal this week :)
    As for non-exercise stuff, I consider socializing good for you. Hoping to get that in on Friday, going to see a movie with some friends :)