First time doing P90X!

Options
kit_katty
kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
I just finished my first day of doing P90X! It wasn't as bad as I had thought. I'm doing classic. It was nice how you could just do however many you could do without feeling like you were failing or too far behind. I'm definitely feeling it, but I also feel like I need to pick up some heavier weights for next week.

Has anyone else done this program?

Replies

• charmedlife78
    Options
    I hope that p90x is going well for you! Ive never done it but ive got a few friends that have- ive got one friend who has done 2 rounds of p90x and is now doing p90x2. not sure how its going, but im pretty sure he is loving it. He also runs in the evenings. He's also kidless and not married so he has tons of time for his workout endeavors.
  • kit_katty
    Options
    Thanks for the input! I also run when I can, I'm glad he's enjoying it, cause I am too!
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    The first week is always finding out what you are capable of doing. P90X is a wonderful program and sticking with it you will get amazing results. Keep tracking your calories and pushing yourself harder everything and you will not believe the way you will look when you are finished. Simply amazing!
    I did P90X last March 2011 for 60days. I allowed life to get in the way and stopped. But in those 60days I seen amazing results and nice tone/definition. I did not like the 90mins of Yoga though so I bought Tonys other Yoga dvd and its in a Hawaii setting. I think it is only 30 or 45mins. Cant remember off hand.
    I hope you are still with it!
  • kit_katty
    Options
    Week 1 done!

For some reason the push ups yesterday started really hurting my elbow. Not sure why. So I stopped, waited for it to be fine and tried again, and it hurt again after fewer push ups than I'd done the week before. Weird. Not sure what happened...
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    Week 1 done!

For some reason the push ups yesterday started really hurting my elbow. Not sure why. So I stopped, waited for it to be fine and tried again, and it hurt again after fewer push ups than I'd done the week before. Weird. Not sure what happened...

Hummmm....maybe it is getting used to all those pushups and is sore from last week. I am not too sure either on that one. Do you have the push up stands? If so use those and see if that helps. I use them due to wrist weakness. However, it may just help with elbow too.
    Good for you on week 1. That is a really tough week to get thru and you made it, yay!