What is Your Exercise Routine

Options
Hi Moms! i just joined. I have 2 boys ages 3 and 5. I'm exercising for pretty much the first time in my life. I have been doing kickboxing 3 days a week and sometimes 4. However, it is hard getting there as I work full time and sometimes feel bad dragging the boys to the gym and sticking them in the babysitting on some nights from 7-8 pm. I just bought a treadmill to supplement at home. What is everyone else doing?

Replies

• liljgrafix
    Options
    well. i travel for a living so my daughter goes to daycare part time and i keep her usually mondays and tuesdays at home with me. when im home. i go jogging/or brisk walking atleast for an hour. and then i do the biggest loser circuit training from wii, and wii fit. i also like the medicine ball work outs. they are great for strength training, and turbofire. march 5th im starting the ripped in 30 by jillian michaels.
  • klv22kath
    Options
    I get up before the boys (5:20 am) and do 30 minutes of cardio on the bike in our basement. I try for 4 or 5 days (Mon-Fri). I then try to do PS3 Fit in Six (or something like that - I forget the name) at least three times a week. There are different programs to choose from including some kick boxing moves and pilates, etc. I can do that in my basement too after the boys go to bed. However, I have been slacking and did not do any PS3 this week :frown:
  • CristiLynnB
    Options
    I usually exercise after my daughter goes to bed at night 8:30pm. It's hard sometimes because I'm tired, but I cannot drag myself out of bed any earlier to work out in the mornings and right after work is not available for gym time either. So I have my own "workout room" that mainly consists of various dvd's, circuit training information, dumbbells, and an elliptical. It's a little easier to slack on my workouts since I'm doing them at home, but with a little willpower and self discipline I get used to exercising more nights than not!

Good LucK!! :flowerforyou:
  • Vermilla
    Vermilla Posts: 348
    Options
    I try to get up before work and my daughter's school. It's not only a good time to work out but it also makes mr fully awake and therefore easier to deal with the monster that replaces my daughter first thing in the morning. After we're both done work/school, I usually go to the gym and leave her in the childcare for 1-2 hours. I also do this on the weekends. I don't feel bad because she adores it there and gets upset on the days we don't go. It's a pretty nice place. I also do some DVD routines at home and have a stationary bike as well. During the warmer months, we take a lot of walks together.
  • amammaa4
    amammaa4 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I have 4 kids and work part time 3rd shift so I work out around 2:00. Works out well for me because I start picking kids up from school at 3:15. I use to start dragging around 4;00 but this seems to give me the boost I need. I also have some dvd's and zumba for the wii for the days I dont make it to the gym.
  • jenncaroon
    Options
    I have boot camp class with weights and cardio mixed 3 times a week. I run 3 times a week from 30 to 60 minutes. I'll begin training for a half marathon on March 5th so I'm building a base. My half marathon is at the end of May.
  • K_Pow
    K_Pow Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I work Mon-Fri from 8-4, so right now I'm getting up at 5am to do the 30 Day Shred (on L1 - D7) and then on the weekends I take advantage of the gym and am a 100% cardio bunny either cycling or running. I'm hoping that once my LO gets a bit older I can hit the gym in the evenings a couple of days a week but right now I have to do what works!
  • andreascarff
    andreascarff Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of 3 (8, 4 and now a new born), so pretty much my workout routine is pretty much walking the boys to school, then walking more with my daughter for 3 miles. I have an elliptical trainer so sometimes I g on that when I can, but I always walk to pick up theboys too after school. I have a gym membership, but with the husband working crazy hours, and never knowing when he'll be working, I never get there anymore. I've come here for some moral support and motivation from fellow mommas!!
  • cjhamh
    cjhamh Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I honestly do whatever I can. I have a treadmill that I do not use enough and TONS of DVDS. I really like Jillian Michaels workouts now because they are only 20 minutes and for the most part I can fit them in whether my children are up or not. Right now, I've been in a no exercising slump except for my one night a week of Zumba, but I'm working through that. Both of my kids just had birthdays, 3 year old boy and 1 year old girl. They are not sleeping at night so sometimes it is really hard to get the energy to do any workouts. I don't work, but I'm a full-time student going for my MBA. I've been coming on trying to seek motivation to get out of the slump I am in!
  • labst24
    labst24 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just joined Moms On A Mission myself. I am a 26 year old mother of a 15 month old. I have a teaching degree in Elem. Ed, but decided to stay at home for now with my daughter. My husband is a teacher as well. The program I am currently doing is INSANITY with Shaun-T from BEACHBODY. I am in my 3rd week. GREAT RESULTS so far. I have to keep working hard. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the food log that we have here on myfitnesspal.com. It is awesome! I wish everyone sucess....I still have a long way to go. (Goal is to lose 25 or so more lbs). GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! :-)
  • klv22kath
    Options
    Just reading your posts motivates me! What a great group of ladies!! Marathons, MBAs, three plus kids, no sleep at night, but still trying their best to look and feel great. Does not matter if it is walking, zumba, or some workout video that kills ya (gotta get me one of those lol!). I say you are all doing great just by being on here and putting this as a priority, among many, in your lives. GO GIRLS!
    :bigsmile:
  • smsinger75
    smsinger75 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I am still working on a routine. I have an elliptical, treadmill, weight bench and excerise ball in the basement "workout" area. I try to work out after work and before dinner when I can. But I think I am going to start trying to get in 30 minutes or so before work. Good luck to all of you!
  • kristy919
    kristy919 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm a Mom of a 4 year old and 11 month old. My husband is a pilot and is gone anywhere from 8-15 days at a time. It's hard being on duty 24/7 with no outside help. It makes it hard to stay on a schedule sometimes. I love that I am able to stay at home with my girls though. It's been a constant battle for the last 4 years to get this weight off. I just finished up Brazil Butt Lift and feel a lot stronger... great program btw. I am starting Insanity today. I'm excited to get this started again. I finished it right before I got pregnant with my 2nd daughter and got great results. So, here I go again!!!! Wish me luck.
  • bzmommy34
    bzmommy34 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Mom of two, 8 yrs and 13 yrs. I stay at home so fitting in my workout is as easy as I make it. And I definitely have no reason for it not to be easy as my husband turned a portion of his hobby garage into a gym for me. He's amazing support! I am in a very motivated bubble right now so I've been having a stellar week! I do 6 days and generally use Sunday as my day off. Mon, Wed and Fri I do 30 mins on the spin bike with 15-30 on the Total Gym. Tues, Thurs and Sat I do C25K (will start week 2 tomorrow) as well as an iFit treadmill program that ranges in 20-30 mins. My goal is to have at least 45 mins, preferably 60 mins 6 days a week. My husband goes to work at 5:30 a.m. so I try to be out in the gym shortly after he leaves. :smile:
  • katwj76
    katwj76 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My kids are school age and I stay home so I hit the gym 3-4 times a week. I'm nursing a knee injury right now, so I have been water walking and doing chair yoga. I love the water because it supports my body and the chair yoga really stretches me out and strengthens me. I see the orthopedic surgeon on Friday so he'll tell me what the next step is.
  • erikjacki
    erikjacki Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Jacki. I have a 2 year old and a full time job (aside from my princess) and have found that morning workouts suit my schedule pretty well, though I confess, I dont make it every day! lol. Anyway, I have been really excited to get moving and take control. Finally a new Year resolusion that is paying off and will last !! I am excited to meet other moms who have similar challenges.
  • Shannota
    Shannota Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I have been doing TurboFire after I take my 4 year old son to preschool in the morning. Then, when it is nice, I've been taking him to the park and try to walk a bit around it. Once I start working again, I'll have to change the timing, but I hope I can keep doing as much.
  • Cwilliams8676
    Cwilliams8676 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM to 7 three still home ages 4 2 and 12 months I work out EVERY day. I make sure to do something daily and usually 45-60 minutes of jillian michael videos:) Ive lost 25 so far and now since working out so much I'm stalled but losing inches and getting muscle defination:)
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    My boys are now 9 and 6 and this is the first year that I've had a good routine down. Honestly, it's because my husband is getting healthy now too. It's not that he was ever discouraging in anyway, It's just I feel more motivated now and of course, my boys are older and need less from me....they get up on the weekends and grab something to eat on their own, ahh, it's wonderful!

So, anyway, my routine: Sunday~8:30am Boot Camp
    Tuesday~7:15pm BootCamp
    Thursday~8pm Zumba
    Saturday~7:30ish Run
    I work Full-time M-F and if I have time, I hit the gym on my lunchbreak. But the above, I do pretty regularly. I do better sticking with the routine because I signed up for the class. Otherwise, I make excuses.
  • KristysGonnaGetFit
    KristysGonnaGetFit Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am a FT (8am - 5pm) working mom of 3 (ages 5, 4, 2). I workout when they go to bed. I hit the gym 2-3 nights a week at 9pm for cardio/strength and do Jillian's 30-day shred another 2-3 nights a week (fit it in on the weekend various times of the day). I fill in the other nights with walks with kids to park or by walking around the neighborhood pushing 2 of them (75 lbs) in stroller with lots of hills! I just do what I can in addition to eating very well and hope it works! Good luck to all of you. Feel free to add me as a friend, love to offer support/motivation since we can all use a little extra!!

Kristy
    Omaha, NE