Winter Blah's

Options
Sometimes it's helpful for me to know what challenges others face in their fitness/weight loss goals. And since one of my challenges is on my mind today I thought I'd share mine.

We just experienced our first "big" blizzard of the winter last night (and into today) and I am stuck at home because my leasing company hasn't plowed the parking lot yet. I'm getting a ton of homework done (woo!) but I really want to drink lots of hot chocolate while I'm at it. I've resisted so far, but it's so hard!

What are some challenges you face when the weather gets bad?

Replies

• leapinglime
    Options
    Eating comfort food :/ In winter I always want to eat mashed potato and pastry and cakes and it's so hard not to, especially when it's Christmas time!!
  • tasnim81
    tasnim81 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I love to hide myself under a warm blanket on the couch, with a coffe, sandwiches and a nice horror movie.. so it's a challenge to try to think differently and find something else to do. Or accept that I can have the blanket and the movie, but no sandwiches!:tongue:
  • snlperdue93
    snlperdue93 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    On cold, rainy days I always end up wanting nice warm rolls. I have avoided these so far, but I am also dealing with chocolate cravings right now.
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of snowshoes. So when it snows, I get snowshoeing. Then I can budget my hot chocolate without guilt.
  • spapsidero
    Options
    The dark gloomy weather makes me depressed and wanna eat and sleep all day. Or go out and shop and spend all my husband's money. I know it's not the best thing in the world to do but it's better than eating, I started going to a tanning salon. I call it therapy.
  • SillaWinchester
    SillaWinchester Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I totally agree, it just started snowing again (Even though it never snows here in late Feb) and all I feel like doing is sitting down, drinking my cocoa mix (I put 2 bags of cocoa, sugar, hazelnut creamer, and peppermint creamer = a thousand million calories!) It's definitely a challenge to resist all of that and go for a healthy snack and work out.

But I know all of you has what it takes to get through all of your challenges!!

I believe in you all! :)

Just remember your goals!
  • nniimmcckk
    nniimmcckk Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Going to the pub! I live in a village and we have 4 pubs and that's what most people do here!!