30 Day Shred

Options
cagey22
cagey22 Posts: 20 Member
Okay, So after trolling the boards here, I have broken down and bought 30 day shred (Jillian Michaels). I figure, she's a rider too, so it will help no matter what. There certainly seem to be a lot of fans on MFP.

Well, I have always considered my self to be pretty strong, but she has put me to the test a a little. I have done the dvd 3 times (1st level only, so far) in the last 8 days and plan on getting a bit more dedicated. I am seeing a difference each time and I am shouting at the screen in a manner a that is less like a sailor (which I did the first day - but I do love to swear.....).

Anyhow, I wondered if anyone else was using this dvd and if there were any cothers who wanted to help keep one another accountable for completing the program.

What say you? I'll happily start again if there are others out there doing it too.

Replies

• Blugal1
    Options
    I bought it, but it is still in plastic!

I have been very, very bad about keeping up my workout schedule the last little while. Would love to have a "partner in crime" for this...!

PS didn't know she was a rider.
  • cagey22
    Options
    Awesome Blugal1! It would be fun to have someone else keeping me motivated too. Consider me signed up to be the 'partner in crime!'. I too have become stagnant and need a kick in the rear in terms of exercise. I've been riding a lot more, but using that as an excuse to not do much else. When do you want to get started? How many times per week is realistic for you?

I have to go away for the weekend, so I won't be able to do it Fri or Sat. But otherwise, I'm ready to get going when you are.

I think Jillian rides dressage - I saw a youtube video of her with Cesar Milan (after hearing about it on COTH). I guess she had an unruly dog ;)
  • Jennywhooo
    Options
    I was just reading this thread and my 2yo daughter puts the dvd in the player, bizarre, maybe it's a hint, I actually only did it one day about a year ago, maybe time to revisit it since it;s playing and all.
  • cagey22
    Options
    It's a sign Jennywhoo! Care to join us?
  • Blugal1
    Blugal1 Posts: 92
    Options
    Can either start today or after the weekend - I'm going away as well.

As far as how many times per week, I thought the program was meant to be 2 days on, 1 day off? I am not sure if I'll be able to stick with that though, I could say 4 days/week to be on the safe side.
  • MexisMom
    MexisMom Posts: 249
    Options
    My mom started doing it and strongly suggested I do too. I'd totally be down for doing it with you ladies!
  • cagey22
    Options
    Blugal1, shall we start Monday then (since today disappeared in a puff of smoke for me)? 4 times a week sounds realistic to me too.

Mexismom, join the party! I soooo need some people to make me stay consistent, Thank you!
  • Blugal1
    Blugal1 Posts: 92
    Options
    Ha ha, yes today disappeared in a puff of smoke alright! I will be back Monday night... can't guarantee it but if I don't do it Mon. then Tuesday, no excuses!
  • MexisMom
    MexisMom Posts: 249
    Options
    So we'll plan for a Monday start? Looking forward to this, I need my butt kicked!
  • Dressagefit
    Options
    Good luck! Keep pressing play everyday! :)
  • cagey22
    Options
    Yes, yes,Monday!!! And oh how I need it after a weekend in Manhattan, with my in-laws who don't hear "no Thank you" When it comes to food.

Good luck ladies!

Thanks for the support, Dressagefit!
  • cagey22
    Options
    Day one - Check :)