Goals

Options
Ok grandparents. Let's talk a bit about goals. I am not so strong here so your advice is needed. I set up mfp to lose a pound a week and I put that I am pretty sedentary with a 30 minute workout 3 times a week ( I guess THAT'S a goal) and so my calorie count is only 1200! Good heavens! What did I do wrong. My first goal would be to figure out how to live on that!! Haha. How do you all feel about goals? What are your goals? How do you stay on track with your goals? And if you are as lost as I am how would you encourage others to begin goaling? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Joe2006Deb
    Options
    goals are very hard for me too. But starting today I decided that there is no reason without help provided here that I cannot do this. I have bad knees so I have to get creative in order to do exercising. But using my husbands Bowflex Gazelle and evercise bike are my goals. I should be able to use them to some extent. I am curbing my poor food choices by buying more fruits and veggies and serving them at every meal to everyone. Makes it easier when everyone is eating the same thing....So glad to hear there are others here like me. looking forward to hearing from others.
  • muffintopteri
    Options
    How is it going Deb. The changes you mentioned are awesome. I recently watcher the netflix documentary entitled "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead." Now I am juicing and feeling better and losing!
  • Marty_D
    Marty_D Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    The shirt I'm wearing in my profile pic is my goal. Not too far from that goal now. I imagine I'll set another goal at that point. I've never really set a goal when it came to weight loss. My success in this endeavour, without question, is largely due to this web site. I find it a resource that I can't do without now. Many thanks to all those who have encouraged and enlightened me along the way.