Mario Blanket update

Options
dippystick
dippystick Posts: 168 Member
I'm making the Super Mario Blanket shown in ravelry. I'm making mine squared up to be used as a bed blanket by my oldest son. He loves Mario.

Total count of granny squares for his blanket is 1056.

White 105 Done
Flesh 79 Done
Brown 35 Done
Yellow 6 Done
Red 37 Done
Dk Blue 83 Done

Black 132/108 Left to do
Lt Blue 553/310 Left to do

Total needed 1056 638 Done 418 Left to do

I've gotten more done than I thought.

Replies

• Kandygirl
    Kandygirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    what does the blanket look like? that sounds like a fun project.
  • dippystick
    Options
    Couldn't get the copy and paste to work so here's the link to the pattern I'm using. There are 14 pages of comments.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=314101.30
  • meggiewes
    Options
    That one is too cute! I might be tempted to do that but I'm not sure if I should do granny squares or miter squares. I knit more than I crochet, so I would have to decide.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome. I'd love to do one but i realllly hate seaming crap together. I knit a hoodie for my niece 4 years ago. Its still in 6 pieces.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Agree with the others... that is so so awesome! I only wish I had a non lame boyfriend so I could make a blanket like that for the living room :p
  • qristina
    Options
    That is going to be an epic blanket! One of my goals is to make a blanket of a classic NES character.
  • dippystick
    Options
    That is so awesome. I'd love to do one but i realllly hate seaming crap together. I knit a hoodie for my niece 4 years ago. Its still in 6 pieces.

I'm going to use a slip stich to join the squares as this should make the blanket reversible. I'm going to use black so the reverse of the blanket will have the black stiches look like the black spaces between pixels. If you look real close to anything pixelated you can see each individual square. Using the black in this manner will mean I don't have to keep changing colors as the squares change colors.
  • dippystick
    Options
    That is going to be an epic blanket! One of my goals is to make a blanket of a classic NES character.

Going to be about 9'X9' so big enough for 2 on a king sized bed. My son will love it. It will be the first Mario thing I've been able to get him that he didn't already have. I'm pretty sure he won't get one from anyone else either. :happy:
  • dippystick
    Options
    All squares are now complete. Still have a few ends to weave in but I've been doing them as I go so don't have many left. I'll start assembly next weekend.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to pics!