Introductions

Options
leilaphoenix
leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
A lot of us in this group already know each other but let's introduce ourselves :)

Name - Leila
Location - Oxford, UK
Age - 25
Height - 5ft2

SW - 196lbs (Feb 2011)
CW - 163lbs
GW - 136lbs

Tell us a little about yourself:
Well I've been on MFP for almost a year! I'm really happy with my progress but I am on a mission to get down into my health BMI range which only starts at 136lbs (!) I'm doing this by trying to eat better but mainly by concentrating on doing lots of exercise. :)

Replies

• deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Hiya

I'm Emma, I'm from Reading, UK, 30 and about 5ft6.

SW: 212 (around march/april 2011 - I think, my PC died and I lost all my info)

CW: 192 (as of 21/01/2012)

GW: 190 (Soon as I reach that, I'll do another GW)

Used MFP on and off for about a year or so, did have a large lapse towards the end of last year due to well, to be honest me being lazy! I have noticed a difference since using this though, I actually bought a pair of size 18 jeans at the weekend instead of wearing my size 22's!! So I must be doing something right, hopefully :) Would like to be a lot smaller than I am at the moment, but I'm just taking it one step at a time!
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Helloooo!!!!

Name - Kirsty
    Location - Bicester/Oxford, UK
    Age - 33
    Height - 5ft9

SW - 194lbs (April 2011)
    CW - 165lbs
    GW - unsure, healthy BMI range starts 164lbs (so close!) but aiming for the middile at probably around 154lbs, and then if I gain weight through muscle after that, no problem :)

I started mfp at the beginning of April last year at a friend's suggestion. I was in "training" to walk the Inca trail in August 2011 for my honeymoon and was determined to manage it, and enjoy it. In the end the inca trail never happened (we went to Peru but a virus stopped us trekking). I've lots of reasons for losing weight - vanity, health, future family, fitness.

I was always teased at school for lack of fitness (had a bad bout of glandular fever/mono when I was 13 and went from being sporty to being weak and never got back into it again), so it's been a bit of a psychological challenge to see me as an exerciser. I started c25k last year but stopped at week 5 and recently picked it back up again and doing well (deviated from the programme now, but just about managing to jog 5k with a few mins walking in the middle). Signed up for a 5k for April 1st. Also started going to a beginners circuits class and do the occasional 30day shred session, and I love hiking with friends on a sunday when I can, though it's pretty flat round here.

Also trying to improve my cooking abilities!
  • EmsyB78
    EmsyB78 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm Emma

I'm 5'8", 33, I live in North Yorkshire (UK). I'm married with a 1 year old. I gained 4 stone being pregnant (only because I ate like a beast though!) so I'm doing my best now to shift it and look better than when I started!

SW 231 lbs
    CW 202 lbs
    GW...161 lbs

I have a long way to go but I'm 100% dedicated now....have been on here since September 2011 and its the best thing I ever did! This is my second group with weigh-in days and I find it really spurs me on and keeps me motivated. I've even enlisted a PT now and workout 4 times a week (just once with the PT but moving up to twice a week soon - needs must).

I have a posh wedding to go to Easter weekend and want to look my best, also a University reunion in May and a Ball in June....new dresses for all me thinks!!!

Good luck everyone!! xxx
  • EmsyB78
    EmsyB78 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I also meant to say that I've always been big...16-18 but want to be a healthy 12-14 (like I was at 18!! lol) and to feel good about myself again. I love clothes and want to love shopping for them!! x
  • Piglet_26
    Piglet_26 Posts: 104
    Options
    Helloooo I'm Fay, i'm 27 and 5'1". I'm currently living in beautiful Aberdeenshire but originally from Swindon. Unfortunately right now i'm a professional bum (unemployed), I used to work mainly using AutoCAD but hoping to eventually change my career completely and go into Nursing. I live with my boyfriend Dexter and we are one day hoping to get married and have a family of our own which for me is a big enough excuse to get my butt in gear and get healthy.

Stats:

SW 161lbs (Jan 2012)
    CW 155lbs
    GW 133lbs ish

Size Uk 14-16 hoping to get back down to 10-12
  • SLKMERC
    SLKMERC Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hello all

Name - Sarah
    Location - Derbyshire, UK
    Age - 33
    Height - 5ft 10"

SW - 219.25lbs (Jan11) (size18-20)
    CW - 184lbs (size 16 which are too big, but not purchased a size 14 yet!)
    GW - 168lbs

I joined MFP in Sept 11 and something just clicked. Its makes it so easy to loose weight. I'm not on a diet and eat what I want when I want, don't get me wrong I mainly eat healthy stuff as I like it but I have discovered portion control which makes all the difference!!

I went away for xmas and NY and have lost the weight I gained, well nearly, 1/4lb left! Just need to get back into exercise which I'm struggling with at the mo, but I have no doubt I'll get there will all your help! And weekends, I don't seem to be doing so well at weekends!
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Name Kristen
    Location near charleston wv
    Age 38
    Height 5'2
    Start weight Jan 2011 236.0
    Current weight 192.0
    Goal weight 130.0 I want to have a healthy bmi
    Tell us a little bit about yourself
    Well as so many others i have always struggled with my weight . Even as a teenager i was always heavy . Then in decmber of 2010 i seen a picture of myself taken at christmas with 2 of my neices and after seeing that picture i was like oh no this is not good i was just so depressed and not happy at all and now i am so much happier and i am doing Zumba 2 times a week exercising every day something that a couple of years ago i would have never done !
  • RockChick1984
    Options
    Hi everyone... ok so...

Name.. sarah
    Location... Aberdeenshire
    Age 27
    Height 5"9
    Start weight... a shameful 224.2 lbs
    Current weight.. 119
    Goal weight... around 150lbs

Well my reason for joining MFP was that after a run of bad luck due to a slipped disc, bein diagnosed with arthritis in the spine and then tearing my knee ligament, i was hut with the realisation, over them 2 years i had gained 5 stone!!! for the first time in my life when i looked in the mirror... i didn't like what was staring back at me!!! i dont want to be this person anymore and the excess weight is not helping my condition... so its now or never for me... am ready to change and take back my life and be happy again... Good luck to everyone and feel free to add me for support :D
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    Options
    Name - Jeananne
    Location - Aberdeenshire
    Age - 25
    Height - 5ft

SW - 214.5lbs (Feb 2011)
    CW - 174lbs
    GW - 140lbs

Hey Im sure most of you already know me! but I got lazy when I went to uni after being a 7 day a week dancer and put on massive amout of weight I felt sick when I stood on the nurses scale last Jan and decided enough was enough! I have grasped this journey with both hands try numerous different activities. I think I think im a lot fitter than I am lol! Last week I became a zumab instructor I have NEVER been so proud of my self. i cant wait to get started and yes Fay and Sarah I expect u to be at my classes hehe :)

I love everyone on MFP and I love the courage and motivation this tool ahs given me and ALL u guys have contributed! I love u all!! Lets rock Feb :) xxxxx
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I am Laurie from Annapolis, MD. I live close to the Chesapeake Bay which is great. I am 41 yrs old and single.

SW: 200.2 as of this morning
    GW: 195 for this challenge
    Long term goal weight: 155-160

I started this process a little over a year ago and have lost about 64 pounds, now I am starting year 2 of my journey with a goal to lose the final 45 pounds. Weight has been an issue all my life and when I turned 40 back in 2010 I decided to change my life and lose the weight. I enjoy the exercise and working out.

Looking forward to the next couple of months.
  • sjodrum
    sjodrum Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Name - Steve
    Location - Seattle, WA
    Age - 54
    Height - 6ft 0in

SW - 281lbs
    CW - 273lbs
    GW - 190lbs

Let's see. I've been using MFP for a little more than a year now, but have made little progress. All of your stories have inspired me to get more serious about my eating and exercise habits. About three years ago I lost 41 pounds and was quite dedicated at that time, so I know I can do this. After going on a long trip, I got off track, and slowly regained most of that weight. It is important for me to stay focused if I am to make progress. I love to participate in challenges, which is why I joined this group - there is something that motivates me to work for a goal (even though it hasn't worked very well for me so far)

My login name - sjodrum - is because my last name starts with sjo (its Swedish) and I play drums quite a lot. I love music. I am married and have three kids - the oldest is a professional musician and plays the flute, the middle one is a software engineer here in Seattle, and the youngest attends university in engineering. I myself am a software engineer by profession. I like to ski in the nearby mountains and I've set a new goal for myself to walk/jog in the Seattle Rock and Roll Half marathon in June of this year.