My goal

Options
mkam1980
mkam1980 Posts: 142 Member
Hi! I am excited and nervous. I started on the 1st of the year and thus far have lost 12 pounds. This round of 100 days I would like to lose an additional 35 pounds. I am soooo faithful on my diary (it's open, take a peek) and currently I am on my second round of Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. I did it in January and this time I am stepping it up and increasing the weights and rotating L1,L2,L3...etc.) I am also keeping an eye on my carb intake. With my last pregnancy, I had gestational diabetes and to be blunt: IT SCARED THE HELL out of me. Type 2 Diabetes runs in my family and I need to do everything I can to prevent my name from being added to the list.

May 16th is a perfect 100 day mark! It is right in between my two babies' birthdays (May 11th and 30th) and since they are such a huge reason why I am trying to get healthy, it would be a great gift (plus it's party season.) My husband and I are both fortunate enough to be teachers in the same district in Michigan, with public education under a very intense attack in our state- we have a rocky year. To celebrate making it alive, we have saved like you wouldn't believe and worked second jobs to be able to take our two little ones to Disney World in June- so my weight has to be off by then (all those skinny princesses running around and such.)

My plan: Figure out the right amount of calories to lose the most amount of weight
Keep an eye on my carb intake
Workout at least 6 times a week. (30DS Feb, Ripped in March, and decide on what's next in April.)
and to lose at least 35 pounds.

WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Replies

• mkam1980
    Options
    Update: Great week. Stuck to my diary and was always slightly under ( I ate almost all my workout calories back.) I worked out 6 of the 7 days. The scale showed a 1 pound loss, I was hoping for more but TOM arrived this morning so I am crossing my fingers that I am retaining some water. CRAVING sweets like you wouldn't believe, hoping to keep the faith this week.
  • mkam1980
    Options
    I worked out 5 of the 7 days this week but the two I didn't I walked/shopped like crazy! Hoping that counts for something. The scale showed a one pound loss, again I wanted more! I changed my calories today from a 2 lbpw to 1.5 lbpw maybe that will jump my weight loss and get me moving! Again, I stuck as faithful as I could on my diary.
  • mkam1980
    Options
    Feeling a little discouraged. I wanted to be down 20 by March 1st, it was a big goal and this morning I weighed in at a total of 17.5 pounds. 17.5 pounds is nothing to be grumpy about but... I can still be disappointed in myself. I have adjusted my calories to the BMR with weight loss and we will see if this makes a difference. Cross my fingers that the month of March I can lose 12.5 pounds. The 10 I wanted to in the first place and the 2.5 I didn't in February. I start JM Ripped tonight.
  • lindseykp
    lindseykp Posts: 76
    Options
    I am on week 3 of JM Ripped. Not a lot of weight loss for me with it, but a lot of toning and inches lost! Have fun...she is a killer in this DVD!!
  • mkam1980
    Options
    Thanks, I'm nervous.
  • mkam1980
    Options
    April 1st. Still getting in 4-5 works outs a week, have bounced my calories all over the place but not much of a weight loss this month (maybe a 2 pounder???) I am seriously bumming out I wanted to be down 9.5 more pounds by April 1st. I had a 10% goal by my birthday which is week away and I am very doubtful I will make that!. GRRR!
  • fjsutton
    fjsutton Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    April 1st. Still getting in 4-5 works outs a week, have bounced my calories all over the place but not much of a weight loss this month (maybe a 2 pounder???) I am seriously bumming out I wanted to be down 9.5 more pounds by April 1st. I had a 10% goal by my birthday which is week away and I am very doubtful I will make that!. GRRR!

I know all too well about missed goals. Dont do like i did and Give up! or STOP Logging/Exercising. The longer you stick with it the better you'll be. I was bummed about not getting into my goal dress, but my slacking has added on more pounds, sooo im having to re-lose befor i can make additioional progress!

Do the best you can, That's all anyone (even yourself) can ask of you!
  • mkam1980
    Options
    Okay, I half did it. I mostly worked out 4-5 times a week rather than 6 days every week. I now know I need to eat 1200-1300 calories a day to lose. I have lost a grand total of 25 pounds all together but that's only 13 in our 100 day challenge. Still have a long ways too go. BUT I HAVE NOT QUIT and I keep on trucking.