Hello Preggos!

Options
2»

Replies

• SkinnyRuthy
    SkinnyRuthy Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I came to myfitnesspal to lose weight for IVF, am still on awaiting a scan for the 21st of march which after I will be referred for the IVF.

On Sat last week I found out I was pregnant, after I and my Hubby were told we had more chances of having a baby with IVF.

My baby is a miracle.

Oh my goodness, congratulations!!!!!!!! You must be absolutely elated! I am just so so happy for you and wish you and your husband the best as you prepare for this little darling. Eat as healthy as possible and don't be afraid to get out there and do some walking and keep your body healthy and fit... just don't go crazy. :) Can't wait to hear how things progress. Prayers going up for this to be a healthy and happy pregnancy for your family. :heart:
  • ninasexy
    ninasexy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks alot cos i need all the assurance, support, love and prayer anyone can render....................:happy:
  • SkinnyRuthy
    Options
    for sure! :D
  • BeautifulRedButterfly
    BeautifulRedButterfly Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    FEEL FREE ADD ME LADIES (:

I'd love to be friends---You can be healthy and pregnant too, even though it's not easy at all! I encourage you to get out there and do a bit of walking around the block or even marching in place at home or walk up and down the stairs a few times. It really does help. You will be ok---some of the weight gain could also be from not smoking during your pregnancy (GOOD JOB!!!!). Sometimes, when people give up smoking, they tend to gain. My advice is to do your best to not gain much more. Try and include healthy foods into your diet like milk, eggs, yogurt, fruit, whole grain breads, veggies, nuts. Maybe that will help a little! Try Nutella for the chocolate craving (if you can have it), and treat yourself well. You're doing wonderful and I'm so glad you're here.

Thank you!
    Ive been doing some prentatal yoga, but, i still keep gaining. D:
    & i think it is because I stopped smoking. Noticed I ate ALOT during the first trimester. Thats where i gained most of my weight. Now, it's just slow gaining. Which isn't too bad. I just hope I dont gain anymore lol. Im afraid something would happen if I gained too much. Ive been eating healthy. Maybe im just not exercising enough. I'll just do the stair thing you mentioned. :P
  • newma6
    newma6 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    1. How far along are you? We have calculated about 5 weeks, but I haven't been to my first appointment yet.
    2. Do you know baby's gender? Nope
    3. If so, do you have a name picked out? Not yet, but I am looking
    4. Are you showing? Not yet
    5. Do you have a Linea Nigra, stretchmarks, and/or hair on your belly? I do have stretchmarks, but that's what happens when you you have had five babies and one on the way!
    6. How is your belly button looking these days? Kind of like a frown...lol
    7. How is your overall appearance these days? I feel that I look good. Since starting my weight loss journey, I feel like I carry myself differently!
    8. How about your boobs? Sore and bigger
    9. How much weight have you gained so far? 1 lb., I usually lose weight when I am preggo
    10. Any swelling at this point? Not yet
    11. How about symptoms? Some nausea, peeing all the time, sleepy
    12. Are you having any complications beyond the basic symptoms? Nope, and I pray it stays that way
    13. How are you sleeping?Not too great at night, but when I get a daytime nap in, they're wonderful!
    14. Are you feeling movements? Too early
    15. Are you experiencing Braxton Hicks contractions? Too early for that too
    16. Are you visiting the bathroom often these days? More than I'd like
    17. How is your overall energy level? Slow moving
    18. Are you still able to shave all areas you normally do? For the moment
    19. What are your favorite and least favorite parts of being pregnant right now? Favorite- knowing there's a little person growing inside of me that I already love so much, least-how tired I feel all day
    20. Are you able to DTD these days, or do you have any desire to?yes and yes
    21. Have you been drinking enough fluids?probably need to drink more
    Average daily fluid intake?6-8 glasses
    22. How is your appetite? Hungrier than usual
    What are some foods you have been enjoying lately? Salad and red grapes
    23. Are you getting nervous or anxious about the end drawing near? Not that close yet
    24. Have you been nesting/getting ready for baby? Nope, just found out yesterday
    25. Done much shopping for baby yet?None
    26. Are you seeing an OB or a midwife? Midwife
    27. Plan to take any classes? Naw, I have done tbis 5 other times. I think I got this...lol!
    28. Are you having a shower for this baby? If it's a girl definitely
    29. Have you had your anatomy scan yet? I have not
    30. Are you taking any supplements right now besides a prenatal? No
    31. Have you given any thought to your birth plan yet? Probably the same as before, don't want to be stuck in the bed, free movement, avoid pain meds if at all possible, hubby helps deliver!
    32. How has your SO been lately in regards to the pregnancy/baby? We were both shocked, but very excited!
    33. Any other thoughts, concerns, things to share about your pregnancy? Our last baby had to be in the NICU for a couple of weeks. Don't want to go through that again!

Hey Mama's! I am new to this group. I am 29. Hubby and I are expecting baby #6!! It was quite the surprise since I have been on the pill for 2 years! Excited to continue my healthy journey through this pregnancy!
  • rachel0923
    rachel0923 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    congrats on the baby boy SkinnyRuth!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    1. How far along are you? 5 weeks - due 11/2
    2. Do you know baby's gender? Nope, but we will find out
    3. If so, do you have a name picked out? no name talk until we knew gender, and then will keep it secret until he/she is born
    4. Are you showing? Nope
    5. Do you have a Linea Nigra, stretchmarks, and/or hair on your belly? stretchmarks from my last 2 pregnancies
    6. How is your belly button looking these days? normal - didn't pop w/#1, but did pop w/#2 so we'll see this time around
    7. How is your overall appearance these days? normal
    8. How about your boobs? normal
    9. How much weight have you gained so far? none, hoping to keep my weight gain at 20lbs or less
    10. Any swelling at this point? no
    11. How about symptoms? nothing, but I gag when I brush my teeth which was a dead give away tha I was pregnant, lol
    12. Are you having any complications beyond the basic symptoms? nope
    13. How are you sleeping? normal
    14. Are you feeling movements? not yet
    15. Are you experiencing Braxton Hicks contractions? nope
    16. Are you visiting the bathroom often these days? same as usual
    17. How is your overall energy level? same
    18. Are you still able to shave all areas you normally do? yes
    19. What are your favorite and least favorite parts of being pregnant right now? favorite is feeling that little one move inside you, least favorite is the extreme food cravings
    20. Are you able to DTD these days, or do you have any desire to? yes, but less than normal
    21. Have you been drinking enough fluids? Average daily fluid intake? Yes, 96oz most days
    22. How is your appetite? What are some foods you have been enjoying lately? already have cravings - chocolate
    23. Are you getting nervous or anxious about the end drawing near? it's not drawing near for me as I just found out I am pregnant! lol
    24. Have you been nesting/getting ready for baby? not yet
    25. Done much shopping for baby yet? none
    26. Are you seeing an OB or a midwife? OB
    27. Plan to take any classes? no
    28. Are you having a shower for this baby? no
    29. Have you had your anatomy scan yet? not yet
    30. Are you taking any supplements right now besides a prenatal? no
    31. Have you given any thought to your birth plan yet? c-section again - had with both my boys as well
    32. How has your SO been lately in regards to the pregnancy/baby? he's excited
    33. Any other thoughts, concerns, things to share about your pregnancy or baby? I am a mother of two boys - a 2yo and my baby is 6mo. I will have 3 kids 2 years old and under when this baby is born! Crazy!
  • SkinnyRuthy
    Options
    Sounds like a lot of new babies on the way! So precious :) Hoping for all of your pregnancies to go smoothly :heart:
  • SkinnyRuthy
    Options
    congrats on the baby boy SkinnyRuth!

Thank you!!!
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! I joined MFP in Jan and I was doing really well, then found out I was pregnant. I just found out this week so I havent been to the Dr. yet, but have my Apt at the end of the month. I have a 5 year old son who will be 6 by the time the new baby gets here. I gained 70 pounds with my son and I started out at 200 pounds :( I am currently around 200 pounds and do NOT want to gain that much weight again!!! Thats why I am so glad for this site!!!! I have raised my cals by 300 and am still exercising almost everyday!!!!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! I joined MFP in Jan and I was doing really well, then found out I was pregnant. I just found out this week so I havent been to the Dr. yet, but have my Apt at the end of the month. I have a 5 year old son who will be 6 by the time the new baby gets here. I gained 70 pounds with my son and I started out at 200 pounds :( I am currently around 200 pounds and do NOT want to gain that much weight again!!! Thats why I am so glad for this site!!!! I have raised my cals by 300 and am still exercising almost everyday!!!!

Welcome! I'm newly pregnant as well as I just found out last week. :smile:
  • smbrnd24
    smbrnd24 Posts: 2
    Options
    1. How far along are you?
    - 38 Weeks
    2. Do you know baby's gender?
    - Girl
    3. If so, do you have a name picked out?
    - Kaelynn Marie
    4. Are you showing?
    - I look like I swallowed a basketball!
    5. Do you have a Linea Nigra, stretchmarks, and/or hair on your belly?
    - Linea Nigra just started appearing in the last 2-3 weeks.
    6. How is your belly button looking these days?
    - Same as before.
    7. How is your overall appearance these days?
    - I feel good overall. Don’t feel like I should be having a baby in two weeks!
    8. How about your boobs?
    - Barely any change
    9. How much weight have you gained so far?
    - 50 lbs
    10. Any swelling at this point?
    - Face, Hands, Feet…
    11. How about symptoms?
    - Many Braxton Hicks contractions throughout the day, snoring (as my fiancé has told me), tired, some days I’m starving- some days don’t feel hungry at all.
    12. Are you having any complications beyond the basic symptoms?
    - No
    13. How are you sleeping?
    - Sleep? Very restless and have a hard time falling back to sleep after the many nighttime bathroom breaks.
    14. Are you feeling movements?
    - All the time
    15. Are you experiencing Braxton Hicks contractions?
    - Yes
    16. Are you visiting the bathroom often these days?
    - Too often
    17. How is your overall energy level?
    - Out of 10, on average it is about a 7
    18. Are you still able to shave all areas you normally do?
    - Yes
    19. What are your favorite and least favorite parts of being pregnant right now?
    - Favorite part is feeling her move all the time, least favorite is that she is sitting SO high that I always feel nauseous after I eat.
    20. Are you able to DTD these days, or do you have any desire to?
    - I am able to, but the fiancé won’t because he doesn’t want to “hurt the baby”!
    21. Have you been drinking enough fluids? Average daily fluid intake?
    - I feel like I am always drinking water, vitamin water, or sobe lifewater. Not sure on exact intake.
    22. How is your appetite? What are some foods you have been enjoying lately?
    - My appetite comes and goes. It seems that since I am at home alone until the afternoon that I eat a lot more just to combat boredom. I’ve never had any cravings or dislikes.
    23. Are you getting nervous or anxious about the end drawing near?
    - Both
    24. Have you been nesting/getting ready for baby?
    - Some, but not going crazy like some stories I have heard/read.
    25. Done much shopping for baby yet?
    - We have everything we could possibly need and some.
    26. Are you seeing an OB or a midwife?
    - OB
    27. Plan to take any classes?
    - Have not done so, and do not plan on it.
    28. Are you having a shower for this baby?
    - We had one at 32 weeks, and my fiancé just had one at his work on Monday.
    29. Have you had your anatomy scan yet?
    - Yes.
    30. Are you taking any supplements right now besides a prenatal?
    - Benefiber and DHA
    31. Have you given any thought to your birth plan yet?
    - In the hospital, as natural as possible until I can’t take it any longer or she arrives!
    32. How has your SO been lately in regards to the pregnancy/baby?
    - He has been supportive, but not as involved as I had wished. He is very excited, but just doesn’t really open up about it all, like I would like him to do.
    33. Any other thoughts, concerns, things to share about your pregnancy or baby?
    - Being a FTM has been confusing and scary, but I can’t wait to hold my baby girl!
  • missemmapeel
    missemmapeel Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, So nice that I have found this group, and I'm really interested to learn from all these other to be mummies on nutrition, healthy living and exercise.

1. How far along are you? 22 weeks
    2. Do you know baby's gender? Find out Saturday
    3. If so, do you have a name picked out? We've got names, so many potential names...
    4. Are you showing? Yes, but wider than I am pointy ;)
    5. Do you have a Linea Nigra, stretchmarks, and/or hair on your belly? Not yet
    6. How is your belly button looking these days? Flattish
    7. How is your overall appearance these days? Pretty good, but I'd like a more pronounced bump and less spread
    8. How about your boobs? Already pretty big, and now even bigger! Up to a 36D (on a 5'4", 135 lb frame)
    9. How much weight have you gained so far? 10 pounds
    10. Any swelling at this point? Nope
    11. How about symptoms? Nope- just normal stuff (wiggly little fella in there)
    12. Are you having any complications beyond the basic symptoms? Nope
    13. How are you sleeping? Pretty good, despite getting up once or twice to pee in the night
    14. Are you feeling movements? Absolutely, what an acrobat!
    15. Are you experiencing Braxton Hicks contractions? Nope
    16. Are you visiting the bathroom often these days? Wait a sec, I have to pee... What was that question again?
    17. How is your overall energy level? Better now, I just started a zumba class and walking most lunchtimes which is helping.
    18. Are you still able to shave all areas you normally do? So far...
    19. What are your favorite and least favorite parts of being pregnant right now? My favourite is being full of another life form- how glorious! My least favourite is getting fuller of a new being.. Every day... Fuller
    20. Are you able to DTD these days, or do you have any desire to? Situation is less than ideal. This is number 2, so the toddler always seems to be around, and my hubby and I have had colds one after the other. Plus I'm not feeling terribly sexy right now...
    21. Have you been drinking enough fluids? Average daily fluid intake? I drink a lot of water, and a few cups of herbal tea.
    22. How is your appetite? What are some foods you have been enjoying lately? Hungry..hungry.. Craving sugar so trying to include protein with every meal/snack
    23. Are you getting nervous or anxious about the end drawing near? I've got a unique uterus, so have a 50% chance of a breech baby again this time around. I'd really like to know now if I'm to get psyched up for a vaginal birth or will be having another section. It's like preparing to run a marathon, then having the race cancelled at the end... I'd rather not train this time just to be disappointed.
    24. Have you been nesting/getting ready for baby? Wanting to! We just bought a house, but don't take possession until May and I'm going to be huge by then. I want to build my nest now!
    25. Done much shopping for baby yet? Nope- waiting for Saturday to see if it's a boy or girl...
    26. Are you seeing an OB or a midwife? Midwife- very happy so far. Had a doctor last time and didn't get the direct care I wanted (both are covered by our national health service here in British Columbia)
    27. Plan to take any classes? Not sure- no, if its another C-section
    28. Are you having a shower for this baby? Oh most definitely, and i think the shower is more for me than for baby :)
    29. Have you had your anatomy scan yet? Yes, a couple weeks ago. All normal. But they are not telling parents if they are having a boy or girl so we need to go back for a private scan to find out.
    30. Are you taking any supplements right now besides a prenatal? Just a standard multivitamin
    31. Have you given any thought to your birth plan yet? Again, waiting for the section decision before doing too much planning
    32. How has your SO been lately in regards to the pregnancy/baby? I fall in love with him all over again seeing his face as he pets my belly and talks to baby
    33. Any other thoughts, concerns, things to share about your pregnancy or baby? Too many to count... Stay tuned
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    1. How far along are you? - 6 Weeks 6 Days
    2. Do you know baby's gender? - Not for awhile
    3. If so, do you have a name picked out? - Can't tell :) Family tradition that everyone finds out when the kids born
    4. Are you showing? - Nope
    5. Do you have a Linea Nigra, stretchmarks, and/or hair on your belly? - Not yet! Going to use coconut lotion like crazy
    6. How is your belly button looking these days? - still normal
    7. How is your overall appearance these days? - I'm one hawt mama ;)
    8. How about your boobs? - Sore
    9. How much weight have you gained so far? - 3 lbs
    10. Any swelling at this point? - nope
    11. How about symptoms? - no TOM lol, tired, some cravings but no MS
    12. Are you having any complications beyond the basic symptoms? - nope
    13. How are you sleeping? - often!
    14. Are you feeling movements? - too early for that
    15. Are you experiencing Braxton Hicks contractions? - nope
    16. Are you visiting the bathroom often these days? - yes
    17. How is your overall energy level? - comes and goes
    18. Are you still able to shave all areas you normally do? - lol yeah
    19. What are your favorite and least favorite parts of being pregnant right now? - favorite...PLANNING! least favorite - having to wait to tell everyone
    20. Are you able to DTD these days, or do you have any desire to? - Husband's been sick :(
    21. Have you been drinking enough fluids? Average daily fluid intake? - plenty! 10+ a day
    22. How is your appetite? What are some foods you have been enjoying lately? - mediocre, always hungry but fill up fast
    23. Are you getting nervous or anxious about the end drawing near? - sure am!
    24. Have you been nesting/getting ready for baby? - oh yeah
    25. Done much shopping for baby yet? - none yet, still early and don't want to jinx it
    26. Are you seeing an OB or a midwife? - Friday!
    27. Plan to take any classes? - Yep
    28. Are you having a shower for this baby? - Hope so
    29. Have you had your anatomy scan yet? - No
    30. Are you taking any supplements right now besides a prenatal? - Extra calcium
    31. Have you given any thought to your birth plan yet? - a little
    32. How has your SO been lately in regards to the pregnancy/baby? - he's thrilled
    33. Any other thoughts, concerns, things to share about your pregnancy or baby? - all's good so far