Jan goals for 2012

Options
Hey I think it would be good for everyone to share their 2012 goals so we can discuss as the year goes on

I'm currently 175 kilos and a little loose around the waist

my goal in the next 3 months is to get down to 165 kilos and to be able to see my Abs

I also want to imporve my fitness levels which I will monitor weekly through my performanc in Spin Class and Body Pump....

Replies

• danstewart1978
    danstewart1978 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi,

After slipping at the end of 2011/2012 I've got serious weight issues to consider (again).

I've also decided to do a triathlon (although not the normal full distances) so I need to develop my fitness substantially.

Whilst I seem to be quite fit when playing games such as squash and football....I struggle to run continuously and only seem to cope well when there are constant breaks - this would be a problem during the triathlon.

I've decided to set some short term/interim targets to get moving, I'll re-evaluate once i reached the proposed date (or before if things are going very well)...I'm going to concentrate primarily on the running aspect for the first

TARGETS TO BE ACHIEVED BY - MONDAY 12TH MARCH 2012:

WEIGHT:

Current Weight: 15st 11lbs
    Target Weight: 14st 11lbs

Loss: 1st

FITNESS/RUNNING:

Be able to complete a 10km run in less than 60 mins (I know this time may not seem ambitious but I'm starting from scratch).
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Hey I think it would be good for everyone to share their 2012 goals so we can discuss as the year goes on

I'm currently 175 kilos and a little loose around the waist

my goal in the next 3 months is to get down to 165 kilos and to be able to see my Abs

I also want to imporve my fitness levels which I will monitor weekly through my performanc in Spin Class and Body Pump....
    Are you sure you'll be able to see your abs? 165kg is 26 stone or thereabouts!

165lbs?
  • MrsM1ggins
    Options
    FITNESS/RUNNING:

Be able to complete a 10km run in less than 60 mins (I know this time may not seem ambitious but I'm starting from scratch).
    That sounds like a stretch if you don't run at all at the moment other than as part of other sports like football.

I decided to do a TRI some time this year as well, probably late on. I'm really not a runner either so I started c25k and I'm on week 6 now - I'm doing a 5k in Bellahouston Park on 1st April and I hope to do it in less than 30 minutes. As a stretch I'm aiming to get down to about 27mins.

You're absolutely right that setting ambitious targets is the way to go.
  • danstewart1978
    Options
    There's a 5k every week (Saturday mornings) in my local park - it's called ParkRun, I think they have them in most towns/cities - I'm going to try to give that a go over the next few weeks.

The Squash does keep me pretty fit, was in a car accident recently and had to get checked out at hospital and was told that I have th resting heart rate of "stongly fit" person so at least that's good.

Just need to build up the stamina for the constant running.....I'll worry about the swimming/cycling later...
  • MrsM1ggins
    Options
    There's a ParkRun in my local park too but I'm leaving that one until after I complete c25k or until I'm running 5k continuously, whichever comes soonest.

When I decided to do a Tri I hadn't run since secondary school, hadn't ridden a bike for more than 5 minutes in over 25 years and hadn't been swimming for yonks either.

I can swim, but my crawl technique could be better - I plan on taking some lessons.

Have you seen http://www.pedalforscotland.org/? It's a Glasgow to Edinburgh cycle on 9th Sept. You can go the short way (51 miles) or the long way (100 miles). Some of my work colleagues did the Sportive last year and they're trying to rope me in for this year.
  • danstewart1978
    Options
    Hi,

that's the weekend I'm doing my Craggy Island Triathlon (8th Sept I'm doing it) - don't think I'll be fit to cycle after that!!!
  • MrsM1ggins
    Options
    sissy! :bigsmile:
  • Annmarie49
    Options
    would love to get into the 'normal BMI' range by 1 April....... for the 1st time in the last 35 years!!!!!!!!

I only have 3kg more to get there, however, this last 10kg has been the hardest........ (2 years on & 32kg lighter!!)

here is hoping guys!!

love the inspiration & motivation re the previous posts & the running groups, would love to be able to run, tried it & failed miserably!!! will just keep doing cardio/core/strength based exercise which i really enjoy.

Good luck guys:smile:
  • MrsM1ggins
    Options
    would love to get into the 'normal BMI' range by 1 April....... for the 1st time in the last 35 years!!!!!!!!

I only have 3kg more to get there,
    Me too!!! :smile:
  • Kell_Smurthwaite
    Kell_Smurthwaite Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I'm a newbie - just joined today.

My overall goal is to lose 81 lbs, but I'd like to do it sensibly (hence joining this site!) at a rate of about a pound a week. Given that we're already 8 weeks into the year, my goal for the year is 44lbs.

I'd like to be at least 5lbs lighter by the end of March though - that's my mini goal. :)

Looking forward to getting to know you guys and hopefully giving (and receiving!) support.

Kell.
    x

18176012.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • tunengine
    Options
    Yeah, my bad!!
  • FormerSuperHero
    FormerSuperHero Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I want to have a normal BMI, ASAP
    I'm thinking I can get it by June *fingers crossed