Welcome!!

Options
Hi everyone and welcome! I just created this group for all the mommy to be or mommy again to be to chat about getting healthy for not only ourselves but for our families. Share anything from worries, fears, happiness, or ask fellow mommy to be questions.

Replies

• AudrasAlly
    Options
    Hi!
    I am 28 years old, in a serious relationship - and hoping to start a family in the next few years. I know that my weight needs to be at certain point before I want to get pregnant, so that's why I'm here.

A totally worthy cause!

Thanks!
    Audra
  • vg_2012
    Options
    Welcome Audra!! And thank you for being the first member! I'm excited to have started this group. Keep me posted on your progress. Looks like you are doing great so far!!
    Hi!
    I am 28 years old, in a serious relationship - and hoping to start a family in the next few years. I know that my weight needs to be at certain point before I want to get pregnant, so that's why I'm here.

A totally worthy cause!

Thanks!
    Audra
  • butterflyliz32
    butterflyliz32 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!!

I am excited to be a part of this group! I have wanted to conceive for years (with my exhusband) and have now met Mr. Right! We were married in November 2011, and are looking forward to starting a family as soon as possible. My OB/GYN has advised me to work on losing weight to get several health conditions under control before trying to get pregnant. So, that is why I am here.

I feel called to be a mother, and I am already 35, so I really need to get this show on the road!!

Anyway - Looking forward to getting and giving support to others in a similar situation!

Liz
  • CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I'm Stephanie, I'm 25 years old, Canadian and married to a wonderful man!

I'm quite excited to be here! My husband and I have been trying since September 2010 to conceive. I can't wait to start being a newer, healthier me!
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I am 34 (soon to be 35), single, and have been looking into becoming a Single Mom by Choice, either through a donor and a doctor, good friend, or Mr. Right/significant other (which I don’t really have right now, but do have a fwb and although we are not trying per se we are also not not trying).

While I figure out exactly how I am going about doing it - biggest issue right now is the $$$ to do it on my own via a d&d, I am trying to lose weight not only to be generally healthier, but increase my chances of getting pregnant. I know weight can play a role in that on several levels -- including and not limited to the ability to get pregnant as well as the possibility of meeting Mr. Right and not having to do it on my own.
  • Careolyn
    Options
    Thank you for starting this group!
    I am trying to get pregnant... which is why I joined MFP, to help me get healthy.
    This will be a good support for all of us "mommy-to-be's".

-C
  • mandalu292
    mandalu292 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    What a great idea! Hi everyone, I'm Amanda. I've been married almost 4 years. We started trying to get pregnant last year and somehow were blessed the first month we tried. Unfortunately we lost the baby at 8 1/2 weeks. We've been trying the last few months and haven't had any luck yet... it would be great to have some support from people going thru similar experiences!
  • divasoofly
    divasoofly Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies! I am an almost 39 years old with a 2 year old son. I joined this site to help with weight loss before I get pregnant and during my pregnancy. We were pregnant a few months ago and miscarried at 8 weeks. So, I decided to dig in deep with my overall health and fitness. My goal was to have our second child and have weight off by 40 but since this isn't GOD'S plan then I decided to just work on me while we wait on our blessing. My starting weight before I had my son was 228 and I got up to 255 with that pregnancy. Happily, I am below 200 now so I plan to keep working on getting my weight down further because I definitely don't want to see 228 again, even at my biggest pregnancy wait. Good luck ladies and GOD BLESS!!!!
  • staceybr01
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I am turning 30 next month (gulp), have been married for about a year and a half (with my husband for three years prior to that), and just recently found out that I am CURRENTLY PREGNANT! (5 1/2 weeks) (our first!).

I had joined MFP in the fall in order to start getting into shape before conceiving, and while I didn't lose much weight (went up and down the same 5 or so pounds), I defintely feel more healthy and have started new healthier habits in our home.

I am SO excited for this group, as I am really hopeful to not gain a ton of weight, but make sure that I am eating enough/right in order to stay nice and healthy for my baby.

Happy to meet everyone!

Stacey
  • megchee
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I'm Meg! My husband and I got married 10/2010 and are thinking that we are about ready to try having kids! I am 5'4" and 165lbs and want to be down to 135 lbs by July when we are taking our official honeymoon (I'm a teacher and the only time off I can get is during summer...which is a whole different reason why I can't lose weight...I love school lunches and parents love to make treats and bring them to us!! AHHHH!!! ). So July-September is when my husband ideally wants to start officially trying. Me on the other hand, would love to be pregnant now! So, I am trying to use healthy pregnancy as my motivation to lose weight and become more healthy!! I am hoping that I can pick everyone's brain on how to lose weight and still TTC! Can't wait to get to know everyone!
  • viclee1
    viclee1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I have been lucky enough to have 2 beautiful daughter already (ages 4yrs and 20 months) and sadly like some of you have had the misfortune of miscarriage (2 angel babies). One of the many reasons I am losing weight is DH and I are hoping to Try To Concieve #3 in the fall (sept/ oct). I'm hoping to hit my goal weight in July (130 lbs) and maintain it untill pregnancy. My weight has yo-yo'd alot throughout university and my pregnancies and losses. I seem to be headed in the right direction now, so it's nice to have some company for the long haul :)
  • Lizzard_77
    Lizzard_77 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi! Thank you so much for the invite! This is Liz, I am 34 yrs old. I have been with my high school sweetheart for 15 years and married for 9. We finally decided to take the plunge and get preggers after buying our first house and securing a good income to support a non-working mom and baby. We have been trying for 6 months to no avail. It's almost a gift in disguise because I really want to be in shape and have a healthy body before I carry a child.
    I am grateful to have a group like this so I don't feel like I am alone in my struggles.
    Good luck to everyone and it's good to be here :)
  • Lizzard_77
    Lizzard_77 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I am turning 30 next month (gulp), have been married for about a year and a half (with my husband for three years prior to that), and just recently found out that I am CURRENTLY PREGNANT! (5 1/2 weeks) (our first!).

I had joined MFP in the fall in order to start getting into shape before conceiving, and while I didn't lose much weight (went up and down the same 5 or so pounds), I defintely feel more healthy and have started new healthier habits in our home.

I am SO excited for this group, as I am really hopeful to not gain a ton of weight, but make sure that I am eating enough/right in order to stay nice and healthy for my baby.

Happy to meet everyone

Stacey

Congratulations!!!!!
  • CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Stacey!
    Praying for a healthy and happy 9 months for you!

I only started this yesterday, and honestly, I feel better already! I realized I am not eating nearly enough. Yesterday, with my exercise, I had 1,000 calories left over at the end of the day.

I just started turbo jam yesterday, and OMG it's so much fun! I love it! I can't wait to get past the "learn and burn" stage and really try the other exercised!

The biggest thing I have a problem with is snacks. There is only so many fruits and plain veggies I want to eat. I need to give nuts a try. What are some of your snacks of choice?
  • timetogetfitter
    timetogetfitter Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I am 35 and from the UK. I Have a beautiful 7 year old daughter and fell pregnant again last year after TTC for 6 months, unfortunately I lost the baby in July. I Have started trying to loose weight this week and am hoping that after such a bad year last year (had a sudden death in the family too) that this will be a better year and at the end of the year I will either be pregnant or if it isnt ment to be, at my goal weight . Good luck to all and feel free to add me x
  • timetogetfitter
    Options
    Congratulations Stacy x So exciting for you x
  • philly1980
    philly1980 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I think this is a wonderful idea for a group :)

I'm Philippa, I'm an almost 32 year old Aussie girl and I have been blessed with a beautiful, energetic 14 month old daughter. I was overweight during my first pregnancy and was diagnosed at 29 weeks with gestational diabetes. I worked very hard while pregnant to eat well and thankfully only put on 9kg in total. Without meaning to I must have lost fat during the pregnancy and I ended up being 6kg lighter than I was pre-pregnancy within 2 weeks of giving birth!

I would like to start trying again in July/August this year but promised myself I had to be within my BMI healthy weight range before hand this time. I hated gestational diabetes - injecting my stomach every night with insulin was just miserable, not to mention the finger pricks 4 times a day. I want to make sure that I have taken every opportunity I could to ensure that I don't get it again.

As it stands I need to lose 7kg to get to my healthy weight range. I would optimally like to lose 12kg before I start maintaining my weight.

If anyone would like some encouragement and support feel free to add me as a friend - I hope we can all lose weight together and start excitedly sharing news with one another of our successful conceptions xoxox
  • philly1980
    philly1980 Posts: 25 Member
    Options

Happy to meet everyone!

Stacey

What wonderful news! Congratulations - I hope you haven't been plagued with morning sickness and that everything goes well for you xoxox
  • timetogetfitter
    Options
    Hows everyone doing?
  • staceybr01
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Just thought I would check-in and see how everyone is doing!

I am entering my 8th week of pregnancy, and so far I am feeling pretty good. I am a little nauseas in the morning, but mostly because I am STARVING, and once I eat I feel better. I have been trying to eat every 2-3 hours, because otherwise I get super hungry and just kind of icky, and I have been craving bread and mashed potatos :-( Two things that I typically stay away from. Sadly, my body has zero interest in salad or vegetables, but I have been eating fruit successfully.

I had my first ultrasound last week, and the doctor gave me the go ahead to keep working out (embryo has attached correctly and had a good heartbeat), so I am jumping back on the elliptical this week and doing some gentle strength-training exercises.

Sadly, my clothes are already starting to feel a little more snug (from all the bloating, not from the baby, that would be a good thing!), so if you are planning on TTC in the future, stick with your weight loss goals (but don't buy smaller clothes!)

Happy Monday!
    Stacey