March Goals?

Options
misswallie2u
misswallie2u Posts: 28 Member
Hello my Arkansas friends!

I was wondering if anyone has set any goals for March?

My goal for March is to lose 10 lbs!

Hopefully this Spring like weather will continue to stick around so I can get outside for some excercise and exploring!

Replies

• wayne4825
    wayne4825 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I are gearing up for a great March. We recently started mountain biking and just in the first week we put in almost 25 miles. With that and hiking we are going to be outside a lot. We are setting a wedding date of October 2nd, 2012 and we pinky swore that we would put a stronger focus on exercising and being more disciplined in our eating habits so that we are exceeding our goal by our wedding day.

I still have approx. 35lbs to go to hit my goal weight.
  • misswallie2u
    misswallie2u Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    congrats on setting the wedding date! :0)

I know you two can exceed your goals!! Isn't it awesome having a partner that is working towards the same goals as you?!
    I know for me, having my boyfriend supporting me and working together to reach our goals has been so much better than struggling to do this alone! He and my son are my motivation!
    also, this site has been wonderful for support and motivation also!
  • wayne4825
    Options
    It definetely makes it easier when you have an amazing support system.
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I really already completed my March goal: complete my second Half Marathon. I finished the Little Rock Half Marathon yesterday with a new personal best (PR) over my first half marathon in Fayetteville in December.

Other than that, I just need to stay healthy and not get hurt so I can complete my April goal: copmlete my third Half Marathon at the Hogeye event.
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    @misswallie
    Spring is a perfect time to get out, get moving, and enjoy some fun outdoor adventures. Good for you for setting a specific goal and getting a jump on it. It's SO much better to put a specific number on it instead of just "lose weight."

@wayne
    It's so awesome that you guys are mountain biking so much. Of course, trail biking is my fav! You're in Hot Springs, right? Do you ever ride the Cedar Glades trail system there? I remember that trail system being the last mountain bike race in the Arkansas Mountain Bike Championship Series I raced in a few years back. The race was always in November, and it always seemed to be cold and rainy that day so the trail was always a muddy mess. We're actually heading down to the horse races this coming up weekend. We're gonna try to hit some trails that Friday morning (if my broken fingers cooperate anyway).
  • wayne4825
    Options
    @misswallie
    Spring is a perfect time to get out, get moving, and enjoy some fun outdoor adventures. Good for you for setting a specific goal and getting a jump on it. It's SO much better to put a specific number on it instead of just "lose weight."

@wayne
    It's so awesome that you guys are mountain biking so much. Of course, trail biking is my fav! You're in Hot Springs, right? Do you ever ride the Cedar Glades trail system there? I remember that trail system being the last mountain bike race in the Arkansas Mountain Bike Championship Series I raced in a few years back. The race was always in November, and it always seemed to be cold and rainy that day so the trail was always a muddy mess. We're actually heading down to the horse races this coming up weekend. We're gonna try to hit some trails that Friday morning (if my broken fingers cooperate anyway).

We LOVE Cedar Glades. We've hit every trail there almost. The first two trails were muddy and we had fun on those. Some of it didn't smell like mud but it was fun. We try to go as often as our work schedules will allow. If we can't go on the trails then we ride around our neighborhood often.

If you guys decide to go to Cedar Glades friday morning and want some company we are always looking for friends. Send me an email on here. I don't have to go in until 1 friday and my fiance goes in at 5 that afternoon so we were going to try to get a trail in as well.

AWESOME!!!!
  • rinnismom
    rinnismom Posts: 190
    Options
    march goal?

i want to lose 3 lbs. my promise to myself was to get through winter without gaining all of the weight back that i lost. well, my counter on my page says i've lost 13 but actually it's only 10. :( i met my goal though. i didn't gain back the 13 :) i wanted, more than anything, just to get through a winter where i didn't lose all of my hard work from the summer. this happens to me every year but this year i broke the cycle!!! so, to get back to, and be honest about my" 13 lbs lost" is my goal. i hope i can do it.
  • wayne4825
    Options
    march goal?

i want to lose 3 lbs. my promise to myself was to get through winter without gaining all of the weight back that i lost. well, my counter on my page says i've lost 13 but actually it's only 10. :( i met my goal though. i didn't gain back the 13 :) i wanted, more than anything, just to get through a winter where i didn't lose all of my hard work from the summer. this happens to me every year but this year i broke the cycle!!! so, to get back to, and be honest about my" 13 lbs lost" is my goal. i hope i can do it.

WE will do it. The most amazing reward awaits us in 6 months. I hope you're ready.