Need some support

Options
Wishing I had some vegan friends - fast! Gotta have some support. I'm daydreaming of pancakes, which makes me daydream of IHOP...anyone know of any GOOD recipes?

Replies

• DedicatedStrength
    Options
    Vegan Brunch has some really yummy pancake recipes (and waffles!!)
  • photojunk
    photojunk Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    http://www.veganwolf.com/vegan_cooking_substitutions.htm

There is a full list of dairy substitutions for vegan baking, it helped me get back into baking and exploring new ways of creating the things i used to eat.

I made pancakes for shrove tuesday, i used flour, baking soda, rice milk and oil. they worked out okay, but after i finished eating them i didn't know why i had missed pancakes.

However one thing i love is Muffins, I spent ages looking for a perfect muffin recipe. It wasn't until i learnt that 1 banana = 1 egg that it all came together. My favourite muffin is peanut butter and banana muffins with a vegan chocolate centre, obviously these are a treat and not a daily food.
  • phillips529
    phillips529 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Wishing I had some vegan friends - fast! Gotta have some support. I'm daydreaming of pancakes, which makes me daydream of IHOP...anyone know of any GOOD recipes?

Please do not lose faith. You are on an amazing journey. If you like I can send you a few recipes of some delicious pancakes with maple syrup. I don't have a IHOP in Canada, but we do have a Golden Griddle. The day dreams can become a reality with a humanitarian twist.
  • alicenadams
    alicenadams Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I agree. Vegan Brunch has a great recipe. I make it almost every morning for my kids before school. I just switch up 1/2 whole wheat flour for the unbleached flour. Feel free to add me as a friend if you need support. I check in several times a day!
  • takehomepay
    takehomepay Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    There is a vegan meetup in my area. www.meetup.com. If there are active meetup's in your area you might find some other Vegans that way.
  • aldousmom
    aldousmom Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    There is a vegan meetup in my area. www.meetup.com. If there are active meetup's in your area you might find some other Vegans that way.

agreed. you can also add me as a friend, if you like. Hang in there!!
  • LucybellMocha
    Options
    Thank you all for your support. Thankfully, I did not cave and stop at IHOP. I did add a few of you as friends, for some vegan support and definitely plan to check out the website. :)