Welcome

Hello everyone. I know I am not the only one who has a naturally thin, high metabolism boyfriend. If your significant other was blessed and you were not so lucky, then join me in creating a safe area for those who feel insecure or need a little bit more support than just their naturally healthy partner's words of encouragement.

Replies

• triski73
    triski73 Posts: 50 Member
    While my husband eats relatively healthy-ly, he still is just thin..always. Even when he used to drink tons of beer back in the old day he was thin. It does get frustrating to see him be able to eat what he wants and I have to be so careful.
  • My other half is stick thin and about 6"4. The worst thing about it is he lives of chips and pies and spends most evenings sat in front of the telly hoovering up sweets and chocolate. So much so I call his flat the house of doom cos its so full of junk. He wieghs about 11.1/2 stone. I on the other hand look at a piece of cake and gain 3 pounds. Its super frustrating!, Im so glad Im not the only one is this boat.
  • My fiancé is 5’8 and only 115lbs! He has a tiny bone structure and looks like zero body fat! All his muscles show. He eats whatever he wants and is a junk food every night fanatic. It makes me crazy because he relates zero to me wanting to eat healthy and less he has never had to lose a lb in his life and he is 37! He wants to cook with real butter and veggie oil, he has no clue why I don’t like cooking brownies and cupcakes no matter how much I explain it. I had to train him to cook differently for me and he was not so easy to teach because he is old school and never had reason to question how he cooked or what with. I love the fact he loves me no matter what size but he also needs to know I must love what size I am as well. LOL Silly boy.
  • We just eat separately. It was a complete waste of time trying to get him to understand or try anything that wasn't deep fried or covered in pastry! On the occasions he tried things I had cooked he acted like I was trying to poison him cos I used a lot of vegetables! Its much less stressful for us both if we just sort out our own meals though how we would cope if we had kids I don't know!