Not expecting a good weigh-in this Monday

Options
HeidiRene
HeidiRene Posts: 335 Member
This Monday will be my 2nd week on my diet. The 1st week I adhered to about 1200K/day and I lost 8lbs. I was thrilled with the weight loss but not so thrilled with the 1200K. I LOVE to eat. This week I have considerably upped my calories; however, I am still "supposed" to be losing according to MFP. I am skeptical. I did a mid-week weigh (even though I have be advised not to do that) and I was .4 lb up. Yikes! That being said, I am very nervous about this weigh-in. The thing is, if I had lost 4lbs each week I would be so happy. However, losing 8lb then nothing (if it ends up being nothing on Monday) seems like a failure in my head. It also scares me that the only way I will be able to lose is on 1200K. Anyway, that is where my head is right now. Any support would be great!

Replies

• Mrsmako
    Mrsmako Posts: 41
    Options
    Hey darling,

It is hard sticking to the 1200k. I struggle sometimes. Esp at the moment. I am starting again on Monday. Not going over board this weekend but for my sanity I need a break. I will be logging all week and fingers crossed by next Monday I will have lost :)

We will get there in the end! x
  • nattybatty71
    Options
    This monday will be my 1st weigh in and I'm hoping for a loss, tried hard to stick to 1200 and managed a fair bit of walking this week, so keeping fingers crossed for a loss!
  • Danielle_Dahl
    Options
    Usually your body will need to balance out. So if you have a stellar week (like 8 pounds) it is not unlikely that you won't lose very much this week. But don't be discouraged its just how it works. Also if you have been working out and exercising than you probably toned a lot!
  • LenaCali
    LenaCali Posts: 18
    Options
    This will be my first Monday weigh-in. 1200cal is brutal. My girlfriends are going out for dinner then activities tonight - i dont trust myself at a restaurant - so i've opted to meet them out after dinner. I also Love to eat. I hope the Monday weigh-in is worth the sacrifice.
  • LenaCali
    LenaCali Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm routing for ya HeidiRene:smile:
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    8lbs is awesome!! Of course that sort of a loss each week won't happen unless you're really big (which from your picture I see you're not). It's usually a lot of water weight when you first start.

These initial big losses are double edged. They're a great motivator to stick another week but so many people get disheartened when they inevitably slow down after that. Stick with it!! It's normal to have no loss or small loss the following week, even a gain sometimes... but once your body has adjusted you'll see regular losses if you stick to the plan.

Best of luck x