Blasted Scale

Options
Okay, awesome week as far as eating, exercise, all around, so thought 2 or 3 pounds down for sure...weigh in this morning and I weighed the same! Took a shower after cardio and weighed in again...down a pound (guess I had a pound of sweat, lol). Feel and look better this week but wish the scale had moved. I know I need to up my calories a bit because I struggle to get my 1200/day in. I eat a lot of food and a lot of good food and do not feel hungry and I don't know if this is what is preventing me from moving on the scale, but darn it, it sure can be frustrating! Any suggestions?? I am usually not one to focus on the weight on the scale as long as I am looking better, but this same glaring number is just getting on my nerves! :frown:

Replies

• smsinger75
    smsinger75 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I completely understand. I have been working hard this week and so far no difference on the scale. But I know it takes time. My husband keeps reminding me that "Rome wasn't built in a day". So I just keep driving on. Hang in there!
  • klv22kath
    klv22kath Posts: 28
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. I am definitely not quitting and I am going to try my best to make that scale pay come next Friday!
  • wtp2000
    wtp2000 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just remember muscle weighs more than fat (or so I've been told), so when you're fat turns into muscle you may not see movement on the scale, but you will be able to notice a difference in the way you feel and the way your clothes fit. The scale WILL catch up with you. Keep it up, you're doing great!:happy:
  • katwj76
    katwj76 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Muscle and fat weight the same (pound is a pound, but muscle takes up less space then fat, so if you are replacing fat with muscle, you will weigh more. Look for Non-scale Victories(NSV) this week (how clothes fit, how you feel, how is your quality of sleep).