Healthy Brown Bag Lunch Strategies

Options
adriawall
adriawall Posts: 16 Member
Share your healthy take-to-work lunch strategies.

Replies

• WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Ziplock full of baby carrots, celery, or any dry veggies I can get my hands on. I sometimes take crackers and granola bars with me as well..maybe bring some Tuna or PB&J sandwiches on a long day planned.
  • adriawall
    adriawall Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I typically take lunch to work, but it's lame and not very substantial which then leads me to snack all afternoon. This week, I've roasted off enough veggies to make sandwiches/wraps all week while keeping enough of them raw to change it up to a Subway style sandwich mid week if a case of the yawns hit. I'm trying for cheese-less/vegan this week. Cheese is my diet crutch...I fail in cheese but win everywhere else...let's see how this goes. I have also cut up carrots, cucumbers and made my own hummus (without oil) to get a little extra nom in there.
  • ChelleDJM
    ChelleDJM Posts: 161
    Options
    I don't work outside the home, but I do pack healthy lunches (and sometimes dinners) for hubby who is self-employed. He likes warm lunches, so I plan dinners with leftovers he can take, and sometimes will make something just with lunches in mind. I love skinnytaste.com and this week make the turkey pumpkin chili and spaghetti squash lasagna with lunches in might for reheating. He also does the la tortilla factory wraps with turkey and lots of spinach, tomato and red onion and a little lf blue cheese dressing. I usually toss in a greek yogurt for protein and some veggies to munch on.
  • stephmull80
    Options
    I really like the Michelina's lean gourmet frozen meals for lunches. They're typically 300 calories or under and only $1 at Meijer. I also like the Meijer brand light wheat bread for sandwiches at only 35 calories per slice and then I get the Kraft 2% milk sliced cheese and make a 130 calorie sandwich with as many veggies as I like and mustard as my condiment. I also get the Meijer brand tiny twist pretzels which are only 90 calories per serving.