Lap Band Friends??

Options
cbanks72
cbanks72 Posts: 9 Member
Looking for others with the Lap Band, would love to "friend" you.....I like to see how others eat and work out.........for me it is motivation!!! Feel free to add me as a friend!!!

Replies

• mamaholt80
    Options
    I had my Lap Band surgery on February 2nd.
    I'm feeling great,no pain and I've lost 14 lbs since the pre-op diet.
  • katherinemm31
    Options
    I had lap band surgery Feb. 2009 and lost about 70 pounds. Then I went away, had a complication and had to have the fluid removed, during which time I gained 12 pounds. This was a drag, considering I already had more weight to lose. So now I have to lose about 25 pounds and really need some support. Friend me!
  • cbanks72
    cbanks72 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    make sure you make your food diary available for others to read, that is what I find the most helpful, I compare how i am doing to others and get great food ideas. thanks everybody and "band on"!!
  • katiebug513
    katiebug513 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I had lap band surgery on January 16th, 2012 and have lost 23 lbs and 12 inches. Would love to see how the rest of you eat - because a lot of days I feel that I'm eating more than I'm supposed too.
  • phatkatblue
    Options
    i was banded 2-15-12! just joined MFP trying to get used to this site as i have been tracking on fitbit...
  • kazzy33
    kazzy33 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi there,

I was banded in October 2010, and have removed 154 pounds (70kg) from my body since then. I have found it to be absolutely a life changing experience, in more ways than one. I have changed physically and mentally, had my partner of 6 years walk out on me, and have gone on to find the most wonderful new partner.

I still have another 15-20kg to go, and have stalled out a bit at the start of this year, which is why i have joined MFP, and am using Noom on my phone.
  • edepink
    edepink Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was banded 3-12-12 and I have lost 34 pounds. Doing great and feel good. I have had two fills so far and my surgeon is really happy with my progress. Just tonight I had my first stuck spell with steak-which I have eaten successfully in the recent past.. All new friends are welcome : )
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I will be banded October 19th and love to read all the success stories from others who have been banded!
  • myjourney2
    Options
    Just under 3 weeks to go till my surgery! Getting nervous and excited thinking about it!
  • AnotherAustinGirl
    AnotherAustinGirl Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you on your surgery!
  • myjourney2
    Options
    3 days to go! Will be so glad to finish this pre op diet!
  • Verdadera
    Options
    I had the lap band 3 days ago. I'd love to see how everyone else is doing with the band. Thanks!
  • arod226
    arod226 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Been off this site for a while but just getting back on. Banded 5/10/2011 109lbs gone
  • amarkle86
    amarkle86 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Banded 6/18/12, always looking for other band friends!
  • Prettee2B
    Prettee2B Posts: 39
    Options
    Im actually hoping to have LBS, but I have to lose 5% of my BMI which will bring me down to 245. Its quite the challenge would love to know the meal plans of others that had LBS good luck to you friend>
  • TriciaAllen7251
    TriciaAllen7251 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Prettee2B - I was banded 2/11/2011 and have lost 131 pounds. It's hard work. The band is not a magic bullet. You still have to put in the work, but I am sure you know that. My Doc/Nut have me on a low carb/high protein diet. A normal day should be 60+ grams of protein and less than 50 net carbs. Most days I strive for 100+ protein. I typically consume about 1300 cals/day. Up until my hysterectomy in Feb 2013 I was consistently losting 1.5-2 pounds per week. Then the big H hit and my hormones have been all over the place. Today for the first time in 3 months I have posted a loss. I still am not back to the 249 I was before the surgery but am only about 4 pounds away. By the way, I started at 380 pounds the day I went to the seminar. The day of surgery I was 264. I would do it all over again if given the chance. Good luck.
  • KaraDenese
    Options
    Hi I'm Kara 52 years old Grandma of 7
    I am about 2 weeks out from having my lap band Surgery and looking for some friend who have gone through it or are looking at going through it, I have 94 pounds to loose , I wanted the sleeve but due to a shunt that empties into my stomach we ended opt'ing for the banding, I'm excited but in the same breath I'm scared.
    anyhow Hi everyone
  • robiel
    robiel Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hi kara! Im robin,,, I just got banded on 1/31/14 and im 49,,,feel free to add me! and you are going to be just fine! I breezed through it!!