Scripture of the day...

Ksumare
Ksumare Posts: 63 Member
3/4/12
Psalm 141:3–4 3 Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; Keep watch over the door of my lips. 4 Do not incline my heart to any evil thing, To practice wicked works with men who work iniquity; And do not let me eat of their delicacies.

Replies

• ACIC
    ACIC Posts: 7
    Amen… May the Lord bless our day as we put him first on this journey to be healthy and live healthier lives. We walk by faith and not by sight, declare victory today.
  • VivianRosie
    VivianRosie Posts: 23 Member
    Good verse! Ouch, do not let me eat of their delicacies! I need this! I struggle with head hunger almost every evening! Lord help me keep my eyes on You and Your best for my life and not settle for the temptations the flesh and the enemy sets for me! Amen!
  • Ksumare
    Amen, Something I try to do with head hunger is when I get a craving that is super strong I try to distract myself for about 10 minutes, usually, after the time has passed the craving has too. I will be praying for your strength!
  • surimurphy
    surimurphy Posts: 36 Member
    Thanks for the inspirational scripture. I have never called it "head hunger" but it is just that all in my head. When I am feeling emotional/stressed and then hungry I have been trying to take a walk, not a working my but off kind of walk, just a relaxing walk. It makes me think about God's creation and helps me clear my head, and I never feel hungry after that. Hopefully our weather will warm up soon and it will be a little more inviting to go out!
  • Ksumare
    3/5/12/ “I will praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Marvelous are your works and that my soul knows very well” (Psalm 139:14)