goal weights

Options
at 6ft tall i keep wanting to weigh what i did in my 20's and early 30's and was in great shape and pretty happy at 150lbs. After 4 kids and a hysterectomy that sounds impossible. i weight188 now and seems like i can't get below it no matter how hard i try. is 160 a decent goal or unrealistic. i am 40 now and my body feels old and i miss being in shape however not sure if i have to energy to be at the gym everyday like i use to.

Replies

• LoveAngie23
    Options
    I think that's completely realistic! Not to be cliche, but you can do it! :happy: Don't focus on the weight that you aren't. Think about the weight you have already lost and be proud of yourself for it! Remind yourself that working out and eating healthy doesn't just help you lose weight, but it also makes you feel better mentally and physically. If you are too tired to go to the gym, maybe try some dance videos or something fun. I can make myself work out at home a lot easier than I can make myself go to the gym.
  • Zarebeth
    Zarebeth Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am only (only...*snicker*) 5'10", but I remember being 185, and looking pretty darn sharp. My goal is 170 this time (maybe less, we will see). No way I could do 150. I didn't look good at 150 even in college. But you are different! A lot depends on your frame, and if you are happy. Go for it! If you want it badly enough, you can do it!
  • MamaKeeks
    MamaKeeks Posts: 234
    Options
    at 6ft tall i keep wanting to weigh what i did in my 20's and early 30's and was in great shape and pretty happy at 150lbs. After 4 kids and a hysterectomy that sounds impossible. i weight188 now and seems like i can't get below it no matter how hard i try. is 160 a decent goal or unrealistic. i am 40 now and my body feels old and i miss being in shape however not sure if i have to energy to be at the gym everyday like i use to.

I am 6'1, and 200 lbs. I am also 41. My goal weight is 175, and I think it's realistic. I had to accept a few things in recent year... the first being that when I approached 40, things changed. My body slowed down. It doesn't work the way it used to. Second, between work and raising 2 small children, finding the time to focus solely on ME isn't in the cards. I can't work oout the way I used to because I just don't have the time to!

But being on here and watching what I eat and working at taking off the weight and taking care of myself has helped me to feel so much better about myself... I feel healthy and strong again. So, if 175 happens I will be ecstatic, BUT as long as I can feel healthy and happy and strong (which from the sounds of your message that's what you're looking to get again too), I will have succeeded!

Good luck to you in your journey - I hope you find your happy and healthy too!
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Wow, ok. I am 5'11 have have not had any children nor surgeries. I currently weigh 177.7. I weighed 145 lbs in high school (10 years ago).....when I look back, I looked real skinny. Right now I am happy with myself other than my stomach. I would like to lose about 10 pounds at the most. If that's not possible, I would at least like to tone my stomach.

I think if you started going to the gym, you would tone up and you would definately have more energy :)

To be honest, when I am 40 and if I had 4 kids and a hysterectomy, 188 doesn't sound all that bad. I weighed 180 a couple weeks ago and have not been through anything close to what you have been through.

I think 160 is a realistic goal though. And, I know my body gets to a certain point and wont let me lose anything. So, I have to try and just tone up. ( I guess that is my body being stubborn)

I wish you luck!!! And, you will get much more energy if you work out, plus it will make you feel 10 times better!! :)
    6301971 Posts: 5
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the great advice and encouragement. it's great to hear from other tall women and know that my goals and thoughts are normal and realistic. Thanks so much ladies!. i am feeling more inspired now!
  • MadusaCait
    MadusaCait Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey, I don't see why we can't have multiple goals!