Bioshock Infinite

Options
Release date announced! October 16, 2012.

I'm so excited! :love: Anyone else picking this up?

Replies

• Geeky_Girl
    Geeky_Girl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Me me me! I totally am getting this game! I was stocked when I first saw it announced in my GameInformer (okay, that's really the only way I know what's coming! :tongue: ) and since then I've watched as my teaser vids as I can! Looks awesome! First one was my favorite. :)

BTW, the Bioshock book is pretty good for some history on how they ended up... the way they ended up. :happy:
  • Geeky_Girl
    Options
    @MissJenova- I wondered if the pic in your tracker was based on the chain tattoo Jack sports in Bioshock.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I played the demo for 1 and I have #2 still in the shrinkwrap from buying it on Black Friday. Sooooo many games. So little time.
  • i_dont_want_2_be_fat_anymore
    Options
    Will definitely be getting this. Can't wait. All of the BioShock games have been pretty good, and i have to believe this will be no exception.
  • MissJenova
    MissJenova Posts: 258
    Options
    @MissJenova- I wondered if the pic in your tracker was based on the chain tattoo Jack sports in Bioshock.

Haha yes, it is. I thought it was symbolic of weight loss as well as my interests :smile:
  • MissJenova
    Options
    Will definitely be getting this. Can't wait. All of the BioShock games have been pretty good, and i have to believe this will be no exception.

I don't think this will be an exception either. It's going to be a nice switch from the standard Bioshock story line while still having the Bioshock feel. Plus it just looks badass.
  • i_dont_want_2_be_fat_anymore
    Options
    Agreed. I liked Andrew Ryan, and the whole underwater paradise but i welcome something similar but new.

If you are into BioShock, someone wrote a book based on the events that lead up to when BioShock the game begins. The whole how Andrew Ryan why he is who he is, and the various players for the creation of Rapture, Fontaine and the like. I'm through the first 4 chapters, and it's been pretty good so far.

I don't think this will be an exception either. It's going to be a nice switch from the standard Bioshock story line while still having the Bioshock feel. Plus it just looks badass.
  • MissJenova
    Options
    Agreed. I liked Andrew Ryan, and the whole underwater paradise but i welcome something similar but new.

If you are into BioShock, someone wrote a book based on the events that lead up to when BioShock the game begins. The whole how Andrew Ryan why he is who he is, and the various players for the creation of Rapture, Fontaine and the like. I'm through the first 4 chapters, and it's been pretty good so far.

I actually bought that book a while ago when a Borders was going out of business. I haven't read it yet....another one on my to do list....but I'm glad to hear it's good. I keep eyeing it on my shelf but I am in the middle of reading other stuff....:grumble:
  • Geeky_Girl
    Options
    I actually bought that book a while ago when a Borders was going out of business. I haven't read it yet....another one on my to do list....but I'm glad to hear it's good. I keep eyeing it on my shelf but I am in the middle of reading other stuff....:grumble:

It starts a little slow, and isn't as sci-fi (i.e. completely awesome!) as the game, but it's a nice history of how Rapture got that way.
  • timaeus_drache
    timaeus_drache Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Bioshock Infinite may be a Day 1 purchase for me. The first one is one of my favorite games and took me completely by surprise. I knew nothing about the story or the game's predecessors when I started playing it and expected it to be a semi-interesting shooter to eat up a few hours. Turned into one of my all-time favorites. I worried about Sequel Suckage with Bioshock 2, but again they did a great job (even though I really prefer the Andrew Ryan story).

Now the series is getting even MORE steampunk! Can't wait!
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    If I dont get this game Ill die
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    So freakin' excited!

Seriously, if I don't get this game, my life is OVER.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Oh I cant WAIT for this. When I first saw the teaser trailer (ya know, where it starts out with the guy being dunked in the fish tank, then thrown out of the window, showing you all of beautiful Columbia) I dropped my drink and felt dizzy because it was another Bioshock but different. That game has made such an impact on my life that its stupid. So yea, I will go to the midnight release of the new one, I will buy it, and I will miss that day of work to sit and play it until my thumbs bleed.

Also, I didnt know that there was a book.. I am gonna go to Barns & Noble today... Itching for work to finish now haha..

Did anyone else get the Collector's Edition for Bioshock 2? Those that did, how badly did you soil yourself when you unwrapped all the goodies and put the record on the record player? (I purchased a record player just for the Bioshock Collector's edition... man I have a problem...)
  • sinsaria
    sinsaria Posts: 30
    Options
    Can't wait. The Bioshock franchise is one of my favorites.
    Ken Levine was an important element that was missing from B2. It would have been so much better if he were involved.
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    October 16th? Aww but I want it now :( Thanks for the heads up. I haven't been keeping up with my gaming news, and I was somehow assuming it would be dropping this spring.
  • da_sammit
    da_sammit Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    was that an aussie release date? or the american one???
  • MissJenova
    Options
    was that an aussie release date? or the american one???

Sorry about that. That's the U.S. release date.
  • MissJenova
    Options
    Oh I cant WAIT for this. When I first saw the teaser trailer (ya know, where it starts out with the guy being dunked in the fish tank, then thrown out of the window, showing you all of beautiful Columbia) I dropped my drink and felt dizzy because it was another Bioshock but different. That game has made such an impact on my life that its stupid. So yea, I will go to the midnight release of the new one, I will buy it, and I will miss that day of work to sit and play it until my thumbs bleed.

Also, I didnt know that there was a book.. I am gonna go to Barns & Noble today... Itching for work to finish now haha..

Did anyone else get the Collector's Edition for Bioshock 2? Those that did, how badly did you soil yourself when you unwrapped all the goodies and put the record on the record player? (I purchased a record player just for the Bioshock Collector's edition... man I have a problem...)

Man, you are hardcore lol. I have the collector's edition but I never opened the record. I don't have a record player, but I also just wanted to keep it in new condition. Most of my collector's edition items are packed away until I have a shiny glass case to keep them all safe in haha
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    ACK! I'll be in Afghanistan when it gets released!!!

/sad panda

Welp....looks like Household-6 is gonna have to hook me up with a care package....