Who's up for a challenge?

Options
tknnwatkins
tknnwatkins Posts: 135 Member
Who's up for a challenge?? I am challenging you to post weekly your weight loss and give yourself a number to hit. Also, I challenge you to set an exercise goal and make it!!

~Post weekly
~I am shooting for an 8 pound loss this month
~I am shooting to walk 45 miles this month

Add me as a friend if you wish so we can encourage one another and make one another accountable...So, who's up for the challenge????

Replies

• tknnwatkins
    Options
    4 miles done...41 more to go...:tongue:
  • tknnwatkins
    Options
    Walked another mile this morning... 40 more to go! I can do this!!:tongue:
  • csouto
    csouto Posts: 30
    Options
    OK I am in!!! I would like to lose 8lbs this month also and I would like to get 3 Curves workout in everyweek. Another mini goal I would like to do this month is to start walking the dogs. We live out in the country and the last time I went walking a kid try to run me down in this car and I was 7 months pregnant, so I haven't walked since:( The dogs just run in the field, so I would like to start walking without getting run over by these people who think it is ok to drive 100 mph down country roads! Good luck to you:)
  • tknnwatkins
    Options
    Down to 37.5 miles to go!! Csouto, glad to see you joined me on this quest!! I too live in the country, but we are on a dead end road with family land so no one comes out here...lol! I have just been walking the treadmill which is level and we are a bit hilly out here and I'm not sure I am ready for that yet...LOL!! :laugh: I am really ready for summer because we put a pool in last year and I am ready to swim some laps, play water basketball, throw football and do a little water aerobics. Good luck with your eight pound loss. How many pounds are you trying to lose total???? I am shooting for 134 pounds gone and I've lost 19 so far SO i have 115 more to go... I will get there!! I am definitely having to make these as lifechanges, not just a diet. Have a great week. My weigh in day is Thursday...so I will post again then with my weight loss and I'll be posting my miles down everyday. I am walking daily, usually at 5:00 a.m.
  • melwilson6
    Options
    Ok...here we go....I am shooting for 10 pounds this month and plan to walk at least 30 minutes 5 days a week. Because we live in a subdivision walking is nice....permitting the weather is nice :smile: otherwise we are members at the rec center and I will go there. My total weight loss goal is 127 pounds.....wow can't believe I just admitted that! Good luck to all!!
  • tknnwatkins
    Options
    Yeah I'm glad you joined us MelWilson!! Good luck with a big 10 pound goal!! I tried that last month and fell shy so I decided to lower it, but up the exercise! I am loving my treadmill and I've been walking my tail off everyday for about 10 days. I've even increased my speed and today I even RAN *(just a little!!). I'm sure that would've been a sight for sore eyes if anybody had seen it...LOL:blushing: I look forward to motivating each other this month!!:smile:
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Hello All!

I am so excited for this challenge!

My goals this month are the following:

Drink at least 100 oz of water a day
    Go to at least 1 Zumba Class a week
    Walk at least 30 minutes a day
    and puchase a bicyle so that I can start riding my bike to work in April

I didn't put a weight loss goal. However I would like to drop 10 lbs in March. Last week I dropped 4 lbs (a record for me), however I had changed my goals, lifestyle and my calorie intake changed on MFP. I think that this is what triggered the big swing.

So far, I have kept up the 100 oz H2O a day, walked my pooches for at least 1/2 hour everyday AND made it to 1 Zumba Class. I am also hoping to finish the 30DS.

Good Luck everyone!
  • JENLHCOMER
    JENLHCOMER Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ok, Here goes......

Goals
    1. Lose 5 pounds this month. I have slowed down on loss lately so I feel I need to set something reasonable.

2. Get back to doing at least 15 minutes of activity 3 times a week. I have used my childrens' activity schedule as an excuse.

3. Log in on weekends! This is difficult during wrestling season. I do not have internet on my phone and we put in long days at meets, but I need to do it.
  • Susiej1976
    Susiej1976 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I am in!!

Goals:
    1. Lose 8 pounds this month. 2 pounds a week
    2. Complete my workout scheduled using the 10 minute trainer from beach body. (I have been doing this since March 1st, it is tough)
    3. Begin walking at least 3 times per week. (I haven't started yet.)
    4. Continue to give up Diet Coke. (I usually drink about 6 per day but I have been diet coke free for one week.)

Current Weight - 214
    Goal weight for this challenge: 206
    Summer Goal weight: 189 (25 pounds before June 1st)

Good luck everybody!!!
  • lookpretty
    lookpretty Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Oh I just saw this and was so hoping wed have another, I didnt quite make 10 pounds last month but 5 or 6 was ok I guess but so much of that was I fell off halfway through the month.

This month I would like to get down to 140.00 which is about 6 pounds, Im up now on my time of the month so probably close to 5 pounds.

Im horrible for excercise but I will try to do the following

I will try to walk/run 26 loops around my neighborhood, which is about a mile and I say 26 so one for every day of the month left
    I will try to do 260 minutes of abs work (10 minutes a day)
    I will try to do 780 minutes of felxibility/yoga work, 30 minutes a day

Also I am try the super hydration concept so for the next week I am trying to hard to drink a gallon of water or diet tea in addition to any coffee or stuff.

Im a bit anti on pills but I have a 2 week boot camp set that I was given to try and review and its just so many pills that idk, I will post about that later, I am thinking of trying it, its like 6 pills a day though and I dislike pills.

I also post much more frequently than weekly and I think a big part of last months failure was after 2 years with my scale the battery finally died so I couldnt weigh myself like normal.
  • stringbean10
    stringbean10 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes, I will...

Goals: Lose 8lbs in March ( Did really good in Feb. lost my 10 but I think it was beginner's luck. So Im gonna chicken down to 8, playing it safe :blushing:

Walk 30 mins. every day (weather permitting)
    Exercise 1 hr. every day
    Keeping up with my 8 cups of water every day

Current Weight - 265
    Challenge Goal Weight - 257

GOOD LUCK ALL !!! :smile:
  • tknnwatkins
    Options
    I am SOOOOOO glad to see all of you on the challenge!! I love your goals and think they are all attainable!! I am wishing you all the best this week as you strive to stay on track! We can do this!!!:flowerforyou:
  • tknnwatkins
    Options
    :smile:
  • lookpretty
    Options
    I already feel more focused, I mentioned on the last challenge how I liked the shorter time than the 3-4 month challenge I had finished (lost 15 of the 30 I set out to, got bored with it), I have done well today with food, did 20/30 of my yoga, did my 10 for abs, am leaving in like 5 minutes for my dog walk and pick up my son and then its just left to do 10 more min yoga and watch what I eat but seeing as I had a protien cookie for lunch Id have to f up pretty bad for today to be bad.

My main concern with this challenge instead of having just a weight goal that if I fall off o n my others Ill giveu p entirely, which is why I said a total amount instad of doing something every day, so if I dont walk today all I have to do is walk two tomorrow to be on track.
  • tknnwatkins
    Options
    I know how you feel about using your kids activities as an excuse... I did that last summer and I refuse to do that again this year!! I have 2 boys who play baseball with one being a travel league. I am going to make sure this year I don't just sit in my chair for hours and watch! I will walk around the fence while still watching the game! I am also going to have to pack my own snacks and look up nutritional values at fast food places like steak and shake and chick fil-a because we seemed to frequent those last season!

I have also started getting up at 5:00 to walk so at least I have my exercise in early! I want to continue that habit into the summer and during baseball season! Good luck in your endeavors!!
  • lookpretty
    Options
    I dont understand the using kids as an exscuse? I dont mean to sound mean or anything but I just got in from a walk with my son and dog and we play a game, he picks if we walk run or jump?

I dont get how kids would lead to less activity?
  • csouto
    csouto Posts: 30
    Options
    @tkhhwatkins I would like to lose a total of 120lbs all together. I am down 26 lbs since January 4th so I am off to a great start! I have 2 boys 6 and 7 and they keep me very busy unfortantly I love to eat. I have always played sports and have been very active all my life but I have always been a big girl too. I looked my best and felt my best at 165 so that is where I want to be again. I know it is a lot higher than what most people would like to weigh but I am very musclur(my body fat is at 42% and most people that weight 280 are over 50%) I want to be that mom that my boys have to keep up with not me keeping up with them:) I do walk when they are at practice for baseball, soccer, wrestling and now football but I do go home and eat lots of vegs and 3times more carbs then needed:( I will do this and love all the support I am getting from this page. Thanks :)
  • tknnwatkins
    Options
    @lookpretty... That's all it is ... an excuse!! We are going to work on NOTdoing that anymore!! Unfortunately in the past, I would take my kids to their ballgames or practices and park my tushy on the bleachers or on my big comfy chair, instead of moving myself too! To be honest, at my highest weight I was 274...it's hard to do much, even walking outside when you are that size! I would get out of breath and have shin splints,so I just did a lot of sitting. I feel I've been very lazy and sedentary! I am working hard to make those positive changes so I can be more active with my boys. This week alone I have played "Horse" basketball with them 3 days in a row and that is just with losing 21 pounds. I look forward to the day I am back down towards the 140's so I can play and be active with them. I'm getting there one day at a time and one pound at a time, and it IS time for no more excuses to be lazy!! I love my 3 boys and I want to be a better role model for them!!:smile:
  • lookpretty
    Options
    hmm ok, Im not a very good mom so idk, I guess mines not really old enough for that sort of stuff, I chase his *kitten* around til hes tired
  • jennyneel0423
    jennyneel0423 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Goals for March:
    Lose7 pounds
    Keep exercise routine to at least 5 hours of cardio a week