Ohio Winters

Options
Swissmiss
Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
We have not really had much of a winter here in the west central part of Ohio. We are, however, expecting about two inches of snow tonight. I imagine that we will only get a dusting.

How is the weather where you live?

Replies

• rebsaganes
    rebsaganes Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Cold & light snow in Northeast Ohio. Supposed to get more snow & wind through the weekend. I agree it has been mild but wonder what else we are in store for:frown:
  • suzzee2000
    suzzee2000 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Im in South Eastern Ohio and it's still snowing and they're saying up to 2 inches, but when they say 2 inches, could be an ice storm! When they say Ice Storm could be a dusting! Weatherman are the only ones who get paid good for being wrong 90% of the time! lol
    Stay warm Ohio Friends!
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Im in South Eastern Ohio and it's still snowing and they're saying up to 2 inches, but when they say 2 inches, could be an ice storm! When they say Ice Storm could be a dusting! Weatherman are the only ones who get paid good for being wrong 90% of the time! lol
    Stay warm Ohio Friends!

I agree with the assessment of the Weatherman. Does anyone remember Gil Whitney? He gave the weather report by watching wooly worms. He was usually right on.
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    1/2 inch of new snow last night.
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    What strange weather for Febuary in Ohio. Warm today...in the 60s.
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Well the high is 64 & it's rainy.
    It will get down to 43 Sun. though.
    I love when winter weather isn't to cold.
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Thunderstorms this morning! Wowee! :)
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Piqua didn't get thunderstorms yesterday, just a little rain. Beautiful weather, though. This morning I have gone back to my winter coat. I did bring a light jacket in case it warms up.
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    What a day yesterday was !!!! Very icy here in the West Central part of Ohio. I watched the morning news and saw videos of cars slip sliding around over by Columbus. The first vehicle took my breath away. Wow, I can't imagine being in that car !!! Spinning around, flying down the road and then bouncing (actually bouncing) off the road. No one was seriously injured, thank God. But, what a ride !!!!
  • mjhartness
    mjhartness Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I was in Columbus yesterday morning (6 am), went into class and it was not snowing, roads were fine......out at 7 am.....snowy, icy roads.....161 East was a mess......

But, beautiful sunny weather today!!!!!!
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    I was in Columbus yesterday morning (6 am), went into class and it was not snowing, roads were fine......out at 7 am.....snowy, icy roads.....161 East was a mess......

But, beautiful sunny weather today!!!!!!

I arrived at work yesterday at 5:30. So, I missed it all, also. And, we are also having the beautiful sunny weather today.