Calories Burned ???

Options
I am excited to start the 30ds but I don't have a HRM ..... can anyone tell me approximately home many calories does each workout burn?

Replies

• AmberCHM
    AmberCHM Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    If you don't have a HRM you should use "Circuit training, general" when you enter your exercise. I believe that's the best option.
  • ckelferrante
    ckelferrante Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. Perhaps I will have to invest in a HRM soon.....
  • blondegirl1319
    blondegirl1319 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you don't have a HRM you should use "Circuit training, general" when you enter your exercise. I believe that's the best option.

thank you!! i was wondering myself what to put in for my exercise!!!
  • feebeast1
    feebeast1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I wore my HRM today thru my 1st "try" of the 30DS this evening... my calorie burn was 212. I used Circuit Training general for 25 mins (213) to record it in MFP

Hope that helps

F :)
  • tantalee
    tantalee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    What is a HRM?
    Also dont know how to put my calories.
  • AliciaLucas_72
    AliciaLucas_72 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    What is a HRM?

An HRM is a heart rate monitor it calculates your weight and heart rate and tells tou how much you have burned while exercising.
  • liljoli
    liljoli Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just got mine yesterday? Can't wait to use it.
  • tantalee
    tantalee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    What is a HRM?

An HRM is a heart rate monitor it calculates your weight and heart rate and tells tou how much you have burned while exercising.

Ohhh
    I dont have one and also cant afford one now.
    Any idea how i can monitorize the calories?
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I'm still waiting for my HRM to arrive in the mail but in the meantime, I just log it as Circuit Training, general for roughly 25 minutes.
  • JRRCLR
    JRRCLR Posts: 353
    Options
    I have a HRM and I get about 180 for Level 1. Does it make a difference if I put it in as cardio or circuit training?
  • AmberCHM
    Options
    I have a HRM and I get about 180 for Level 1. Does it make a difference if I put it in as cardio or circuit training?

I created my own exercise in cardio (not strength training) and named it "30 Day Shred w/ HRM" or something like that.
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I use circuit training, general to keep track
  • todaystuesday
    todaystuesday Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    If I enter circuit training general - it tells me over 375 cals burned.... I adjust down to 300 cals burned. Is anyone around 230 doing this with a HRM and can tell me what they are burning?
  • AmberCHM
    Options
    If I enter circuit training general - it tells me over 375 cals burned.... I adjust down to 300 cals burned. Is anyone around 230 doing this with a HRM and can tell me what they are burning?

I'm 5' 7", weigh 192 and burned 358 with Level 1, Day 1. I have a HRM and I don't stop it until my heart rate gets below 100. Not everyone does that, but I want credit for all calories burned :) I won't burn that much every time though.
  • phillips529
    phillips529 Posts: 195 Member
    Options

I'm 5' 7", weigh 192 and burned 358 with Level 1, Day 1. I have a HRM and I don't stop it until my heart rate gets below 100. Not everyone does that, but I want credit for all calories burned :) I won't burn that much every time though.

That is a very good idea, I normally stop when it gets below 118 (usually around the time when it's time to stretch) and I was thinking the same thing. Thanks for the tip...
  • jazzykay1971
    Options
    I wear my heart rate monitor during 30 DS. My average burn is 180-200, depending on how hard I push myself.
    Hope this helps! :happy:
  • brown0928
    brown0928 Posts: 49
    Options
    I have a HRM, I'm 172, 5'5 and 32 and I burn between 275-325 in level one. I push myself really hard though...
  • Ratchett13
    Ratchett13 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My HRM should be in the mail this week. I'm excited to use it, but I'm worried it may be inaccurate because I had to go with a really cheap one...
  • AmberCHM
    Options
    My HRM should be in the mail this week. I'm excited to use it, but I'm worried it may be inaccurate because I had to go with a really cheap one...

Does it have a chest strap? If so, it should be fairly accurate. Did you search the message boards here on MFP to see if anyone had any experience (good or bad) with the kind you ordered? The only reason I ordered a Polar was because of the things I found here on MFP about it.
  • JessicaPiche89
    JessicaPiche89 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    So, I just got my HRM in yesterday..it has a chest strap with it, so it should be fairly accurate, right? Well, I did the 30ds level 2 (I've been doing level 1 and 2 for a month back and forth. I think I want to try 3 sometimes soon. Anyways, I wore my HRM for the first time and burned 698 calories today. I'm 22, weigh 241 at the moment. My max HR was 174, average was 154 but ranged between 150-165 the majority of the time. Is that....abnormal?

MFP says I burn 424 for 29 minutes (start to stop)