Comic Book Tats

Options
BrettPGH
BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
So I've been thinking. It's long past time I got some ink.

I'm very indecisive and I'm not sure what I should get. But what I'm leaning towards is the Avengers & X-Men insignias on my shoulders.

_1280029834.jpg

xme-logo.png

I also might want Roman Dirge's Lenore on my chest or back, for my little girl.

6a00d83451d04569e201157158110a970c-800wi

Thoughts?

Replies

• Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I think all are awesome. Guess you aren't interested in any Green Lantern insignia?
  • BrettPGH
    Options
    Suggest a DC character be inked on my body again and we're fighting!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    for just the logo: i would go XMen. it's a cooler logo.

also: it's gonna make me want to jump you. moreso. :wink:
  • Beastette
    Options
    Suggest a DC character be inked on my body again and we're fighting!

Weren't we already?! :tongue:

I enjoy the X, but the Avengers one looks cooler on paper.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    While I'm personally more an X-Men fan, I'm liking the Avengers' one for a tat more. Close call, though.
  • BrettPGH
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, at least the non-DC related ones. :tongue: :wink:

I really want both just for balance. I've got a bit of a thing about symmetry. To the point where it bothers me that the X is contained in the circle but the A is not. I don't know that I could have it that way on my body. Also I'm not sure how large they should be. I keep thinking bigger would look better. Like nearly the size of my shoulders themselves. (ok not that that's huge or anything)

And Maab, you'll be the first to see pics. :flowerforyou:
  • Beastette
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, at least the non-DC related ones. :tongue: :wink:

I really want both just for balance. I've got a bit of a thing about symmetry. To the point where it bothers me that the X is contained in the circle but the A is not. I don't know that I could have it that way on my body. Also I'm not sure how large they should be. I keep thinking bigger would look better. Like nearly the size of my shoulders themselves. (ok not that that's huge or anything)

And Maab, you'll be the first to see pics. :flowerforyou:

Agreed about the symmetry, but I like that the Avengers one is breaking through the circle. It is one of the reasons I think it looks better. Plus, the arrow bit is kinda phallic...always a nice touch. (That's what she said.)

I would still personally GET the X, even though the other one appeals to me more. It's not always about what looks the best, I like what I like.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Gambit_Rouge.jpg

someday Id like to get this, I think
  • BrettPGH
    Options
    That would be an amazing tat. Still remember buying that issue when it first came out. Think you'd put it on your back?
  • Jovialation
    Options
    dunno. it'd prolly be considerably smaller than it is on the screen.
    I'm not the biggest fan of huge tattoos.

Ive never gotten one yet, but if Im good with the pain (I have a pretty damn high pain tolerance as it it) maybe the ribs.

No idea.

I have that issue, too. Gambit and Rogue have always been my favorite....altho, admittedly, I can barely remember the old story lines from borrowing my dad's comics as a kid
  • BrettPGH
    Options

Ive never gotten one yet, but if Im good with the pain (I have a pretty damn high pain tolerance as it it) maybe the ribs.

No idea.

I have that issue, too. Gambit and Rogue have always been my favorite....altho, admittedly, I can barely remember the old story lines from borrowing my dad's comics as a kid

*feels ancient* :frown:
  • Jovialation
    Options
    ITS OK YOURE TOO AWESOME TO BE OLD.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options

No idea.

*feels ancient* :frown:

*also feels ancient* :sad:

It is a classic issue. Those were the days when I was collecting so much X-Men (and related).