What kind of food are you serving at your wedding?

Options
mrsgoodwine
mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
...and how much of it do you think you are going to eat? We are doing a catered barbecue with appetizers (smokey deviled eggs, plank grilled camembert stuffed with pesto, home made tortilla chips with salsa and guacamole). BBq will be sirloin steak, 1/4 BBQ chicken, green salad, Grown Up Mac & Cheese, classic potato salad, baked beans, Maple pecan coleslaw, grilled garlic bread and 3 different types of cupcakes in lieu of wedding cake. Being the bride, I anticipate that I won't be doing a lot of eating... too excited! I'm curious as to what types of foods you will be serving...

Replies

• tabatha_burris
    Options
    We are having a plated meal of eather litely breaded pork chops or grilled chicken breast! That will be served with a salad, baked beans, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes and a roll. I wanted a buffet style but the resturant guy that I must use said it had to be plated so plated it is. We plan on haveing plates made for the both of us to take to the hotel that night to eat. I dont for see us eating at the wedding! think all of our time will be spent giving hugs and saying thanks for coming glad you could make it lol!Our dessert is our wedding cake grooms cake and we are also having a candy table as favors and I think we are planing to have candy and carmel apples as well! I am also thinking about smores wrapped to go see a picture of it on pinterest and it was super cute! Your menu sounds so yummy it made me hungry lol wish I was getting an invite!
  • aroetman01
    Options
    we are doing an outside wedding at/in a barn so we were going to just do pizzas and salad, but have recently decided to have a friend grill pizzas over an open fire (at the wedding location) and then my dad is going to grill burgers and hot dogs! fingers crossed that it will go as planned but i am SO excited! it'll be more like a big casual grad party than an official formal wedding :) itll be a blast!
  • BassesGirl
    BassesGirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    We're having a small buffet (thanks budget! lol) Trying to decide on the main dishes (we get two), it'll be some combination of chicken marsala, tri-tip, grilled salmon and fettucini alfredo. With potatos and a salad for sides. Plus fancy little appetizers...bacon wrapped melon, shrimp cocktail, chese plate...and OF COURSE our cupcake cake mmmmm!

Not sure how much time I'll have to eat, but I'm making time!! :D
  • GMPetti82
    GMPetti82 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    We're doing a buffet, but the reception hall includes a lot in the pp cost. For the actual main course, though, we are having chicken parmigiana, chicken francaise, filet mignon, and crab cakes. For sides we are hoping to have an extra veg instead of one of the pasta salads. (right now only comes with one). The veg is green bean almondine and sauteed zucchini if possible. If not we will have two pasta salads (because we need that...) tortellini salad and shirmp and crab pasta salad. Also parlsey potato wedges.

for apps we have scallops in bacon, spanikopitas (greek spinach pastry), pigs in a blanket, dates wrapped in bacon, crab connoli, a pasta station and an asian stirfry station. I love my venue. This is the low level package, and it was $20-$30 cheaper per head than most places we looked in south jersey
  • Phoenix24601
    Phoenix24601 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    W are going to Spring Creek barbecue after the wedding because our wedding is so small. There they can pick what they want and be happy, and they will eat alot.
  • reneeileen
    reneeileen Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    We're doing Grilled Filet Mignon and Prawns, Mushroom Ravioli, Soup, Salad, Cheese Display, Seafood display, wrapped sausages, bacon wrapped scallops, mini quesadillas, and arancini. For cake we're doing a 9" cake per 10 top table on a pedestal with flowers as our centerpieces.

And lots of cocktails, wine, and beer!

I'm so excited!!!!!!!