How is everybody's second day going?

Options
RunTLS
RunTLS Posts: 55 Member
I'm redoing the first day today and will skip my rest day tomorrow because I couldn't even finish the stinking workout! I felt like such a failure. My husband cheered me up though and I WILL finish it tonight. I thought the choreography was really hard to keep up with but the New To Class option helped a lot. How's everyone else?

Replies

• trinityvszena
    Options
    Hi RunTLS,

I haven't tried Charlene's workout, but I have done P90X. It was hard and time-dedicating, but I did it. Now I'm onto Insanity. This is my fourth week and I haven't missed a day. Tough but seeing rewards. Keep pushing through. DON'T miss a day.

Trinity
  • lynz8212
    lynz8212 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Day 1 went good! Burned 500 calories doing Fire 30. I just got done doing HIIT 15 this morning and burned 300 calories. Feeling Good!! :D
  • Mad4282
    Mad4282 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Day 2 went well, skipped my rest day and did the core 20, stretch 40 instead so I could have a rest day over the weekend! Have a wonderful rest of the week all! RunTLS, don't beat yourself up, its a tough workout and you will get it done, no doubt about it!
  • Shar8210
    Shar8210 Posts: 40
    Options
    My Day2 was ok I could've done better but man them jumps are horrindous on the knees and to get myself to jump was almost impossible but I did some of the jumps and when I couldnt I modified it, but even doing the modifications I was still out of breathe! whew!
  • linnyG33
    linnyG33 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    how are you calculating how many calories you burned. Im doing Turbo Fire and Brazil Buttlift (mixing the two together depending on my schedule) and since BBL isnt listed on the database Ive been using the "jazzercise" one but i feel like im cheating and giving myself more calories burned then i should
    Do you have a special watch?
  • wondermaggie
    wondermaggie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! It looks like I'm in the right place. I've read your posts and it seems that we're all doing/have done similar things. I officially became a beachbody coach last week and didn't get my package in the mail until yesterday so I started turbo fire yesterday. I was worried that it wasn't going to be a great workout because I've done about 3 rounds of insanity (2 last year and just got off of my 3rd last week.) I was actually pleasantly surprised with this workout. It was tough and I worked up a good sweat and I worked different parts of my body then I was working, so I'm happy. I am skipping the rest day and will push that to Sunday, so I'll do the hit 15, stretch 10 today. I'm doing a 90 day challenge with some facebook friends that just started Monday. My goal is to be in amazing shape for summer. I have quite a bit of weight to lose overall, but that doesn't mean I can't look great for summer. My new years resolution was to be overall healthier. I took a bold step this year and threw away all of my last year's summer clothes. I don't need them and I'm not going to hang onto baggage "just in case." :smile:
  • wondermaggie
    Options
    Hang in there! Each day will get a little better as long as you stick with it. Promise!
  • whitwewsfit
    whitwewsfit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im starting another round of turbo fire tomorrow. Don't get discouraged! Once you get the choreography down you will breeze through the moves and be able to push even harder :)
  • Linds569
    Linds569 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi RunTLS,

Oh my gosh, don't feel like you are a failure. I have to tell you, I started TurboFire having very little prior exercise. As you can guess, I could barely complete the first workouts and I actually had to backtrack and start the Prep Schedule first - by the way the Prep Schedule isn't easy.

I'm only on week 3 of the regular Turbo Fire schedule, even though it has taken me a month to do it. I can't do the exercises every day because of other activities but you do get better. I noticed a huge increase in stamina after completing the prep. And I still can't get through an entire Fire workout without pausing the DVD for a breather (either that or I just run in place through a few of the moves to get my breath back).

So don't worry, you're not alone!
  • paigeleigh417
    Options
    Thanks for joining the group, wewe731 and wondermaggie! :) Glad to see more ladies joining in to help support and motivate each other. We are all here for the same reason, so please don't be a stranger and feel free to post whenever and whatever you'd like!
  • wondermaggie
    Options
    Today was hit 15 and stretch 10. Wasn't sure what to expect, but wow! What a great workout!
  • snuffybitts
    snuffybitts Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire....both were/are challenging until you get the groove of it. Chalene is so awesome and so inspiring. Her team makes it easy to work out and the videos are fun.

if any of you also want to join our Facebook challenge group let me know. We have so much fun in our groups and I have listed some of the benefits below.

BENEFITS:
    -A FREE Beachbody profile to track your progress!
    -A private Facebook group to motivate you!
    -A Weigh in Day once a week!
    -A Facebook Community to support you too!
    -Prizes each month!!

I'm excited to help you get to your dream weight!
  • bjhadden
    bjhadden Posts: 120
    Options
    I'm redoing the first day today and will skip my rest day tomorrow because I couldn't even finish the stinking workout! I felt like such a failure. My husband cheered me up though and I WILL finish it tonight. I thought the choreography was really hard to keep up with but the New To Class option helped a lot. How's everyone else?

I wanted to give up at first because the moves were hard to follow, but the good news is you will get it!
  • bjhadden
    bjhadden Posts: 120
    Options
    Day 1 went good! Burned 500 calories doing Fire 30. I just got done doing HIIT 15 this morning and burned 300 calories. Feeling Good!! :D

Do you have a heart rate monitor? I am wondering how much I am actually burning, but I can't afford a HRM yet.
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I started turbo fire last tuesday and it was more challenging than I thought it would be. I did P90X a couple summers ago and it was very challenging so this time I wanted more dance and fun so I ordered this. The moves are hard to get and I have to stop sometimes to catch up but I think it will get easier the more I do it. I did read on beachbody not to skip your rest day because your body needs it. I need to get a HRM so I am sure I am eating those exercise calories. I dont want to crash out.
  • snuffybitts
    snuffybitts Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    thomassd1969, your body definately needs a rest day, it helps your muscles relax and losen up.

We all love TF and the moves will get easier as you go along. I know it can be frustrating in the beginning, usually the first couple of weeks, but you will pick it up and you will rock it out.

Good luck and keep posting.
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I did fire 30 again today and it was much easier. I really enjoy doing them its just hard. I appreciate the encouragement.