NSV

Options
cagey22
cagey22 Posts: 20 Member
HI all,

I was pretty stoked today by a non scale victory and just wanted to share.

I have been at this game since late November and it started off pretty well. For the last month or so, I haven't lost a great deal of weight but have been trying to keep motivated. I do realize that I have slipped a bit in my eating and am certainly not logging my food as diligently as I was, however I keep chipping away at the exercise.

Anyway, I showed up at the barn today and the first thing my trainer said to me was "You look skinny, why do you look so skinny? How long is it since I saw you?"

Ummm, I saw her yesterday :)

I'm hoping I am converting to some muscle and it certainly feels good to hear. It's the first time that someone who doesn't know I've been trying to lose weight, has noticed.

Now on to the next goal. I am flying to England in April to surprise my dad for his 70th Birthday party and at this point, only my sister knows I'll be there (hopefully it stays that way). I'm going to try to get as close to 10lbs off as possible.

Thanks for letting me share my victory with you all, and I'd love to hear of others' victories too, to help keep me motivated.

Good luck everyone!

Replies

• cannie55
    cannie55 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!

I haven't lost enough for anyone to notice (or at least for them to comment) yet. But I got to ride on Sunday for the first time in about a month and a half and my tall boots zipped up really easily! They used to be *super* snug, to the point I was just waiting for the zipper to bust, but now they zip up nice and easy :)
  • Duckz1
    Duckz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!!!!! I know we're "doing this for ourselves" but it sure is nice to get some outside validation ;) Yay you!!!
  • Polydor
    Polydor Posts: 43
    Options
    YAY!

I have been getting a few comments like that too which have kinda surprised me but makes me feel good :D Most of my pants fit a lot better and comfy too.

P.
  • hsmithway
    hsmithway Posts: 191
    Options
    Nice! That must've felt really good!

I was really bummed about hurting my knee, but I did get a small consolation victory when I went to the doctor. When the doctor grabbed my leg to examine my knee she exclaimed "Holy cow that's a lot of muscle!" :laugh:

Physical therapy starts tomorrow, so hopefully I can get back to work before I lose too much of that muscle!
  • HorsewithNoName
    Options
    Yay, makes you feel good doesn't it! :)

I have no success story to share *sob* haha
  • Polydor
    Options
    Now that I think of it, what does NSV stand for? lol

P.
  • hsmithway
    hsmithway Posts: 191
    Options
    Now that I think of it, what does NSV stand for?

Non-scale victory. Good stuff other than the number on your scale, like your pants fitting better, your cholesterol improving, etc.
  • Polydor
    Options
    Gotcha ! Totally makes sense!

P,