pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    :heart: you, Craig! That is pure win!
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    :happy: :drinker:
  • TurboChels
    TurboChels Posts: 69 Member
    WIN ! :flowerforyou:

I thought Netflix was getting rid of all BBC material-Top Gear,Torchwood,Doctor Who etc.

Guess not YAY :D:D:D
  • pinuplove

I thought Netflix was getting rid of all BBC material-Top Gear,Torchwood,Doctor Who etc.

If they do, I'm going to be soooo mad!
  • msunluckythirteen
    msunluckythirteen Posts: 335 Member

I will cry if they get rid of all the BBC material. That is the best stuff!
  • StephTink76
    StephTink76 Posts: 318 Member
    :drinker:

JOY!

:drinker:
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member

Speaking of Top Gear.... lol

One very late night in December I was up and somehow ended up watching Top Gear, and I saw their top 10 challenges.... I just watched it again Saturday night and laughed my *kitten* off the whole night. Anyone see this? I just giggle when I see the RVs.
  • sammyjbray
    sammyjbray Posts: 146 Member
    What you all need is the real BBC. :tongue:
  • ohsweetcalamity
    ohsweetcalamity Posts: 78 Member
    I'm SURE this will be unpopular, and I may find myself eating my words later (I wonder how many calories are in nerd rants?Hmm...) BUT..... I just started the season, two episodes deep. And I hate it. I'm just angry and disappointed. I think the writing used to be a lot more clever, but I'm really sick of the He's dead/she's dead/just kidding they're not dead thing over and over. Rose wouldn't have stood for this bull****.

There are so many ways to create drama, and so many episodes have genuinely touched me. I wept like a baby when Rose's dad died. But now everyone dies in every episode and it's completely lost me emotionally. We know they're not really dead. River Song is a ****ty character, and the romantic story line between her and the doctor makes me taste bile. So killing them off and then finding new ways to bring them back is no longer compelling AT ALL. And who REALLY gives a **** about Rory?

Sorry, I just loved the show for it's brilliant twists and turns, and it just seems like they're recycling the plot points that got the highest viewership. I loved the Doctor because he was never predictable, but now.....? Aaaaaahhhhh nerd rage.

Oh, and what's with the stupid new recap in the opening? There have been 784 episodes of Dr. Who filmed, and in all that time we never needed a stupid expository voice over to tell us what was going on, so why now?
  • michaelgilstrap
    michaelgilstrap Posts: 74 Member
    Awesome, glad you said something,

And Sweet Calamity, Although I still enjoyed the season very much, I do see your points on several of the issues you've mentioned. I hope you stick with it, and that you will find some redemption in some of the story lines, beyond but you've seen so far, but think it's awesome that you felt comfortable enough to share what you felt could be an unpopular sentiment.
  • ohsweetcalamity
    Awesome, glad you said something,

And Sweet Calamity, Although I still enjoyed the season very much, I do see your points on several of the issues you've mentioned. I hope you stick with it, and that you will find some redemption in some of the story lines, beyond but you've seen so far, but think it's awesome that you felt comfortable enough to share what you felt could be an unpopular sentiment.

Oh, I'll definitely stick with it. I'm just really hoping Moffat pulls something genuinely mind blowing out of his butt. The actors are all still great, and Matt Smith.... well, I had no faith in him at first. David Tennant was a tough act to follow, but he has taken the character of the Doctor and remained true to it while giving a bit of his own flavor. Just like a good Doctor should. But the current writing is doing them a disservice.
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 664 Member
    YEAH!!!!:love::love: :love:

watching them back to back is going going to get in the way of the gym lol :grumble:
  • ohsweetcalamity
    Ok, just watched the Neil Gaiman episode and the show is completely redeemed for me. Can't wait to cosplay as the tardis, lol.
  • TurboChels
    TurboChels Posts: 69 Member
    The Doctor's Wife is def my favorite episode ! :)
    Where's my thief ?

mattsmith10.jpg
  • pinuplove
    The Doctor's Wife is def my favorite episode ! :)
    Where's my thief ?

Ahhh, the Doctor in a Stetson :love:
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    OH NO!!! Spoilers...I haven't even seen season six yet. SYFY isn't showing them anymore....
  • pinuplove
    OH NO!!! Spoilers...I haven't even seen season six yet. SYFY isn't showing them anymore....

I totally read 'spoilers' as River Song :laugh: Dude, get netflix streaming for a month and watch them!
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member

I totally read 'spoilers' as River Song :laugh: Dude, get netflix streaming for a month and watch them!

Spoilers on Alex's voice is what I meant!!! LOL