exercise ???

Options
tradingfoods
tradingfoods Posts: 64 Member
hi i was wondering if any of you count house work as exercise or can you count it as exercise. For example if your clean house dusting, vac and mop ect... no stop at a fast pace for an hour. Or if your doing outside work like push mowing or raking ect very active work or an hour or two. Seems like you should be able to count this because your burning calories . was wondering if any of you count this type of working as exercise and if so how do you count it ?? thanks

Replies

• meko1975
    meko1975 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    HI there,
    I certainly count housework/cleaning as exercise. We are certainly up and shaking our bodies cleaning so the way I see it, we are burning calories. :wink:
  • renee_sutter
    Options
    Check under the exercise tab and search for "cleaning". They do have one that I have used for moderate cleaning. It is a lot of work! Log that movement :)
  • tradingfoods
    tradingfoods Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    thanks i will do. have a great day
  • geauxsaints1
    Options
    My house is 1700 square feet and all laminate floors! I vacuum and mop my floors every Saturday afternoon and I sweat more after all of that then I do at the YMCA any day. Can you see anyone taking an exercise class at the gym that have the same movements we all use when cleaning house? LOL
  • mamaw53
    mamaw53 Posts: 71
    Options
    When I cleaned houses for a living, I was in the best physical shape ever! I never had to worry about my weight and I kept toned and thin, and as a bonus the constant physical exercise was a great stress reliever. Housework is definitely GREAT exercise!