Where's the chubby fella's, who are now losing?

Options
Always been into bigger guys, being a bigger guy myself, I've been losing weight now, down about 40lbs. Just looking to see if there's anyone else out there like me on here! :D

Replies

• astroboybri
    astroboybri Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Snap - think i'm classed as a cub?

Looking to loose some lbs so i become healthier :o)
  • crownedone
    Options
    I'm definitely a chubby fella. Chubby is an understatement, in fact. By this time next year, not so chubby hopefully. And astroboybri, I'd say you are a cub, all right. So are you bibble85. And way to go on that 40 lbs loss!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I think there's a fair few Chubbies or ex-Chubbies on MFP :bigsmile:

I was a baby polar bear when I started, but I'm a lot less blobby than I was when I started out 6 months ago and while I'm hardly classed as svelte, I'm a lot less polar bear and more of a polar cub now :wink:

Funnily enough, while I've always been into hairy guys :love: I've never really been into Bears as such, despite often being classed as one :ohwell:

I'd love a fit and toned body, with nice obiques :tongue: but sadly they all seem to be waxed and shaven :grumble:
  • KaseyWolf
    KaseyWolf Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I think I'm past the chubby part, but working TOWARDS it! Down 50lbs now.

Anyway, nice to meet y'all!

Kasey
  • astroboybri
    astroboybri Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you to :o)

Add me if you like?
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    i'm in
  • davidandrewwillis
    Options
    Definitely used to be well beyond chubby... now? Well... actually I haven't thought much about where I'd put myself. I suppose cub might fit (oh and no, my profile pic isn't current, that's where I started. Swore I wasn't posting my "current" photo until I hit 150lbs lost)
  • Brasseric81
    Brasseric81 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm Eric and yes I am a chubby (hopefully soon-to-be ex-chubby) guy! I am 5'3" and 268 as of right now! Just starting this lifestyle change about a month in. Feel free to add me, always looking for friends!
  • Hephree
    Hephree Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    "Red 5 standing by!"

been at it for 2 months and I'm at my first difficult point, but hi!
  • MuscleBear
    MuscleBear Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yep, definitely reached chub status, which is why I'm here. Tried other cal counters (fat secret, livestrong), but their interfaces were sub-par compared to MFP - this one just seems to have all the right stuff in all the right places (which I suppose could be a qualified goal for myself!). Bar code scanner is amazing - first one I've used that actually works. So far so good, just joined this week and even got my husbear on here too....what an eye opener it's been, thought I was eating a healthy diet - how do they managed to put sugar into everything? My main weakness is sugary carbs. Down 3 lbs as of today, but it's jumping around a bit - ate mexican food mid-week, and maybe the sodium content resulted in water retention, but went down 3 at start of week, up 4 yesterday AM, then did 2 hrs of high-intensity step class and weight lifting last night, and now today back down 3...been watching the "when's the best time to weigh" board, think I'm gonna stick to daily for now, it doesn't discourage me to see the fluctuations, and think it helps to correlate food choices to body effects. Was honestly just going to type like 3 words when I started this reply...OK, y'all have a good weekend.

:flowerforyou:
  • kyle4jem
    Options
    Hey MuscleBear... I can vouch that MFP is amazing and I would never have been able to achieve what I have without this site.

I'm still fairly new to the phone app, but do find the barcode scanner quite handy, especially if I'm at work and need to add foods to my diary :happy:

When I started logging, I realised that what I was eating was intrinsically quite wholesome... but BOY! was I eating a LOT.

I too have a sweet tooth and had to give up chocolate, sweets & biscuits for 8 weeks to kick-start my weightloss, but now enjoy these treats knowing I've worked for them. Otherwise, I eat quite well as I enjoy my food and life's too short to give up on flavour :tongue:
  • triplejay1
    triplejay1 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I got pretty chubby for awhile there, Im 6ft and i was 223 pounds when i started my diet and exercise on Jan 4th 2012, since then i have lost 30 pounds, i still have a ways to go, but im much happer already.
  • tsherrill
    tsherrill Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Still chubby, and just looking to be less so myself. It's hard to explain this to people sometimes (especially my bear friends). It's not that I don't love my furry curves, I just roller coasters and thrill rides too much to be too fat to fit in them. Plus I have half my closet full of clothes I wanna get back into.
  • kskroch
    kskroch Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I started gaining weight in my late 20's when I was a scrawny 172 then 30 years later my highest weight was 292 about a year ago.

I actually liked being bigger - 240-250 and being a bear - I was comfortable with that weight. Health issues forced me to start the VCLD a year ago and I was 202 this morning. A little heavier than my goal, but still hoping to loose a few pounds yet this spring/summer and as my Doctor's let me increase my activity.
  • Steve29Guy
    Options
    I'm a chub. Hopefully won't be in a few months.

Anyone looking for friends please feel free to add me. I'm just getting started (again).

Cheers fellas!
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Haha. I would say I'm sorta chubby now - used to be fat fat. Didn't like being fat, and don't plan to stay at this sorta chubby place either.

Glad there are guys out there who love bigger boys, though!
  • kyle4jem
    Options
    Haha. I would say I'm sorta chubby now - used to be fat fat. Didn't like being fat, and don't plan to stay at this sorta chubby place either.

Glad there are guys out there who love bigger boys, though!
    Oh there are lots of guys out there who are into BIGGER BOYS and we're not just talking trouser snakes :wink:

But there are also lots of guys who fancy men just for who they are and not just because of how they look, be that BIG & Beary, Skinny Minny, or Ripped and Rugged :tongue: :smokin:
  • JamesBC78
    JamesBC78 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am a chubby guy and like everyone, working on that. I would just like to be thinner and healthier. Not sure I would ever get buff but we shall see. My SO loves me being a bit bigger than him and being hairy so that is a good thing but still need to lose some.. :)
  • mrtimps
    mrtimps Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I'm a chubby guy from Melbourne, Australia. Feel free to add me if you'd like.