5k/ kids fun run?

Options
LKissam
LKissam Posts: 44 Member
Have any of you every taken your kids to a fun run or done a 5k run? I'm looking at doing this when the weather gets warmer. Any advice/ helpful insight on this would be great! also if you have done a fun run with your kids how did they like it?

Replies

• pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    I have only done one fun run, but there were lots of kids in it. Some ran, some walked, some were pushed in strollers, pulled in wagons, or carried in those backpack things. I didn't observe any problems. I know that my husband's nieces do fun runs with their kids, and they love them. Sometimes you get prizes afterwards.

My kiddo is 13 and behaves like it, so he has no interest in running with us most of the time.
  • enchantedeskape
    Options
    I ran my first 5K in December, and I remember a few families having their whole family out running (there were even some strollers out there). It was a cold morning, too!

My daughter (she's 12) and I will be running a 5K in 3 weeks. Definitely train. I had my daughter run through the C25K program to get her endurance up. We're going to street run for the next few weeks to get used to the difference between treadmills and the road.

I can't wait to run with her!
  • LKissam
    LKissam Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    thank you! I am definately going to get our family to do a fun run/ 5k! We go to the track all the time on nice days and my daughter can jog a mile and a quarter! (she's 9). The other kids would do well too, but i would have to have the little one in a stroller for most of it. I can't wait to sign up when it gets warmer! :o)