Favourite Restaurants

Options
Just curious about what your favourite restoraunts are in Montreal and if they have any good low calorie or "healthier" dishes! Being a university student, my friends and I tend to go out for dinner once or twice a week and so I'm looking for some good ideas.
I don't know the city super well (hello Google maps!) but I'm looking to branch out of the "bubble" so location isn't of any concern!

Replies

• hairspraymafia
    hairspraymafia Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Have you ever been to Aux Vivres on St-Laurent? It's vegetarian/vegan, super healthy, sometimes a bit pricey depending on what you order, but the food is always incredibly fresh. They have a bahn mi sandwich that is just AMAZING.
  • andreaisme
    andreaisme Posts: 43
    Options
    Just curious about what your favourite restoraunts are in Montreal and if they have any good low calorie or "healthier" dishes! Being a university student, my friends and I tend to go out for dinner once or twice a week and so I'm looking for some good ideas.
    I don't know the city super well (hello Google maps!) but I'm looking to branch out of the "bubble" so location isn't of any concern!

I don't know what college/university you are but Burritoville on Bishop street has some great healthy and tasty options and cool atmosphere. http://burritoville.ca/
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Crudessence on Mackay (vegetarian)
    Satay brothers @ the Atwater market (street food really yummy) checkout their opening hours on Facebook
    3 Amigos (the sauté vegetable tacos are cheap, low in calories and delicious)
  • quara
    quara Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Not sure about health-wise (depends on what dishes you get and how much of them you eat!) but some of my favourite restaurants are Ouzeri, on the corner of St. Denis and Gilford; Griffintown Cafe, on Notre Dame (near de la Montagne) (bonus - good live music on weekend evenings!). And the bison burgers at le Comme Chez Soi on St. Laurent near St. Viateur!
  • Dreamweaver_5107
    Dreamweaver_5107 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Le Milsa !!

Hi I'm new and noticed there was a Montreal group...

yah I have large protein requirements and a big appetite lol Le Milsa goes a long way to satisfying my needs :)

I use what is called as an intermitant fasted protocol so large meals are actually optimal to my success... I don't have much problem getting down to 5-6% body fat on this method. I will be peaking in mid July... but no more competirions as my wife has had enough. ;(