Anyone fancy another North vs South challenge?

Options
Rosy67
Rosy67 Posts: 282 Member
About a year ago, we did a Team UK Biggest Loser challenge on MFP, with two teams- the Northern Numpties vs the Southern Softies.

I've been looking for a challenge recently, but haven't seen anything to really get me motivated like that did.

Would anyone else be interested? :smile:

Replies

• chiverly
    chiverly Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I live in the Midlands but originally from down south, so happy to be a Southern Softie... How many do we need to get the challenge going?
  • Rosy67
    Options
    Well, I'm a Northern Numpty (Sheffield), so we've got 2 teams already :laugh:

Last time the problem was limiting it. We had about 35 people doing it at one point which was a nightmare to keep up with. I think I'd get everyone to enter their own updates on a googledoc spreadsheet this time because I couldn't keep up once I was back at work.One of my MFP friends is up for it too, and I think she was in the Numpties last time ( @tracybewick- have I remembered right?)

We said if you have an emotional attachment to the North or the South, then sign up for that team, but if you're not sure, then take a horizontal line running through Watford Gap service station on the M1 (NN6 7UZ) and decide on that. We didn't have enough people signed up from Wales/ Scotland/ Ireland for separate teams, but who knows this time?

I ran it as an 8 week challenge (like biggest loser), but it might be easier to do 4 weeks at a time. We recorded weekly weigh-ins and there was an award for both individual and team's biggest weight loss and biggest percentage weight loss each week, as well as overall for the whole 8 weeks. Northern Numpties won last time :drinker: (by a whisker) so come on, Southerners- sign up to defend your honour!
  • Caitlinhappymeal
    Caitlinhappymeal Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    About a year ago, we did a Team UK Biggest Loser challenge on MFP, with two teams- the Northern Numpties vs the Southern Softies.

I've been looking for a challenge recently, but haven't seen anything to really get me motivated like that did.

i live in the east midlands, can i choose?? :)
  • blondeboms
    blondeboms Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Count me in, southern softie here :)
  • jchocchip
    jchocchip Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    northern numpty here! When do we start?
  • Kirsty7Fraser
    Kirsty7Fraser Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    First sign up for the Scots. I would be happy to join the Northern Numpties if not enough Scots joined : )
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Durham area so northern numpty for me. Id love a new challenge. Count me in. X
  • sarahlasvegas
    sarahlasvegas Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Im in - 8 weeks till holiday i need to get moving!
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Im in - 8 weeks till holiday i need to get moving!

I got 10 weeks till my holiday and I want to be down 2 dress sizes! I have lost 12.75lbs but still not a dress size down, boo hoo! x
  • Rosy67
    Options
    I'm thinking let's start on Saturday. 8 weeks will take us to May12th.

I'll set up a googledoc spreadsheet for people to fill in. Thinking about it, I might start a new group just for the challenge, as the threads are quite hard to find in this group
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options

i live in the east midlands, can i choose?? :)

Me too... :-)
  • obeserat
    obeserat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    North for me. Only if you choose North Meerkat70 :)
  • taxi_drivers_wife
    Options
    I would love to join, but I live in London??
  • Rosy67
    Options

We said if you have an emotional attachment to the North or the South, then sign up for that team, but if you're not sure, then take a horizontal line running through Watford Gap service station on the M1 (NN6 7UZ) and decide on that.

This is what we did last time and it seemed to work. Most of the East Midlands would be Numpty territory...unless you're Daventry/ Northamptonish.
    At the end of the day, it doesn't matter that much- join whichever team will make you want to put the most effort in!
  • sassika
    sassika Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    What does the challenge involve? Or is it weight in only?
  • samdancer86
    samdancer86 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    ooo Ok I live in Scotland, but orginally from Bristol so a southerner, so if enough Scots join to make a team, I'm team Scotland if not count me as a southerner! I don't have too much to lose but need a challenge so as long as its done on percentage like Biggest Loser then I am all for it!
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I'm in. Also a midlander, from Manchester originally so definitely a Northern Numpty
  • Vickyloo
    Vickyloo Posts: 13
    Options
    Can I sign up for Wales? :D
  • OperationSwimsuit86
    OperationSwimsuit86 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Im game!!
  • EllieMo
    EllieMo Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Count me in - Southern Toughie :)