Just joined (hope you don't mind)

Options
Trezzy
Trezzy Posts: 52 Member
Hey Guys! My Name is Tracy and I was just sitting here thinking wouldn't it be great to have a group of Mom's that work....well what do you know! LOL! I hope you don't mind that I joined. I have a 4yr old (as of yesterday) little Girl and an almost 10 month old little boy. I work fulltime and if that isn't enough my Husband works evening/night shift so our babies don't have to go to daycare. I joined MFP when my Son was born, but have been struggling losing and gaining the same 10lbs. I know it's crazy to try and recommit in December but I am trying. I also don't have a gym membership so I workout at home w/ my kids there, it is hard! I have found a new passion in September for Hula Hooping or Hoop Dancing so I really enjoy that as well as my Kettlebell, exercise DVD's and Wii games. I live in Alaska so outdoor activities are limited at the moment. Again I hope you don't mind me joining and hope to get to know you all better!

Replies

• TheCountryMomma
    TheCountryMomma Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hey!!! Why would you think we all would mind if you joined? That's what this place is all about!! =) Working mom's escpecially know the struggles to take time for ourselves and get back into shape. Luckily MFP is a huge help and if you get enough people under your lists you almost have a setting such as facebook or twitter!! I look forward to enouraging yourself and keeping you motivated!! GOOD LUCK!!!
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Sorry so late in seeing your post! It seems I time is just getting away from me lol . I haven't been reading the boards. I am still signing in and logging daily though. It's like there isn't enough time in the day for everything. Still trying to get those last 8 lbs off. I am starting to wonder if my goal weight is really the weight I need to be. My body wants to stay at 142.period LOL. Oh well I'm not giving up. I will keep pushing.
    Wow Alaska! I can't imagine. Here in Louisiana it's been like spring lately. We haven't even had a winter yet or maybe we wont this year.

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Nichole
  • wpgmom
    wpgmom Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm new too! I didn't get that there were groups and started a hmm, thread I think. Anyway, a kind soul took pity on me and suggested a group and duh tons of groups for moms.

Anyway, I am Jodie, I live in Winnipeg, Canada with my husband, 2 kids son 11 and daughter 14, a dog and a lizard. I am trying to get fit for a cruise we have planned for the end of March.

Looking forward to lots of tips and suggestions for our busy lives!
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I'm new, too. I've actually been a member for a while but have just been on a yo-yo track of off-again-on-again dieting until now. This time, I really want to get serious, and get rid of these frustrating 20 lbs I've been carting around all my adult life! My big motivation: I'm turning 40 at the end of May, and want to start that new era at a happier weight.

My name's Amanda, I live in New York, and I have two boys, 10 and 8. I'm a magazine editor and I work a lot, and take care of the kids, the house, the hubby--well, you all know! So, it's hard to find time to workout, especially. But I'm going to do it, no matter what it takes.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all. This looks like a great group!
  • JeriG75
    Options
    Hello working mom's!! I work full time & have 2 children & I agree with, moms never make time for themselves. It's hard for me to take time just for "me" but kiddos know NOT to bother me the one hr I set aside to exercise. We can do this with the support of each other. I have been exercising 7 days in a row & so proud of myself! Good luck & let's get each other motivated in this journey!!
  • radicalmom
    radicalmom Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Have any of you read a book called Run Like a Mother? It is a terrific read for Mom's trying to get a new running passion along with the craziness of life/work, etc.