Shred It With weights

Options
so i have looked at so many reviews and saw that for best results you must use a kettlebell. Some have used a hand weight but find it way more effective using a kettle bell.

What is your take?
Have anyone ever done the dvd?
Will you be using a kettle bell or regular handweights?
Thanks in advance! :)
-Jess

Replies

• SoapyPonyLevine
    SoapyPonyLevine Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I have not done this workout before, but when we do get to it I will be using a kettlebell. I'm not sure what weight or anything yet though, I've been trying to find out what weight to use.

Sophie x
  • jessrenae2011
    Options
    thanks!
    yea..i unsure of it too, but as in ripped in 30 she does a kettle bell move and i had to use a 8lb hand weight.

and i know sometimes when she has us using 1 hand weight on some of her dvds, i always go for the 8lbs.
    With that said, i think im going to invest in a 10lb.

And if thats too heavy, then ill use my 8lb hand weight and work my way up :)
  • SexyLexy83
    SexyLexy83 Posts: 340
    Options
    Kettle Bells are very expensive however, I will be getting one for this workout. I saw a really cheap one on walmart website for like $13.00 and it was 15 lbs so thats the one I will be getting ;) Hope this helps
    :heart: Lexy
  • SoapyPonyLevine
    Options
    $13 dollars!!! I want that one, I thought it was gonna be way more than that!:smile:
  • jessrenae2011
    Options
    thats where i was planning to get mine. I always saw them at walmart. So the the heavier the better? i never done a kettle bell workout before lol..
  • SoapyPonyLevine
    Options
    Well I assume the heavier the better as long as you can still use it with correct form! If it's too heavy to perform the moves correctly then you need to go lighter.
  • SexyLexy83
    Options
    True, but the 15lb one I saw on walmart was the cheapest one all the others where like 50 or more GEEEEZ LOUISE!:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: lol:laugh:
  • jessrenae2011
    Options
    REALLY????? WOW!!!!!!
  • SexyLexy83
    Options
    Yes, my husband told me they where expensive but I didn't believe him. Then I looked and I was like holy crapola!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:noway:

and then I saw the 13 buck one so I was like that's the one I'm getting.
  • EgyptianMushroom
    EgyptianMushroom Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Damn...that's almost ridiculous for a weight! I've got a pair of 10s and 3lb gloves. :tongue: I need a pair of 5's.
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I have done this workout before and really like it. I have always used hand weights but plan on getting a kettlebell this time around. Hopefully I can find that $13.00 one! I have never used a kettlebell, so hopefully I won't injure myself. :laugh: