Options
Just want to say - I love this idea :smile:

Replies

• faithforlove
    Options
    PEOPLE SHOULD CARE MORE OFTEN:smile:
  • sarvet
    Options
    Are any of you guys walking for anyone in particular? I'm walking for me. I am a 5 year + brain cancer fighter. My oncologist told me at my last MRI that I could gain no weight and hopefully lose some. He thinks that if I don't it will be hard to treat me again. I have been on steroids several times to control brain swelling. Steroids can lead to diabetes which would be very bad juju to me. My tumor hasn't been growing and I very lucky for this. Now I need to take better care of myself and get back in shape. Going for a waik now. Thanks for reading and walking.
  • mrsjeffreyp
    mrsjeffreyp Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I will walk in honor of you. Praying for you also!
  • Chefeiram
    Chefeiram Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I walk for me. I am currently in radiation treatment. I am very lucky that I did not have to do chemo. Most people don't have problems with radiation i however not being part of the majority am having lots of problems. Oncologist said it is not the radiation but soem thing else. I am on antibiotics it will be interesting to see if that helps. I am looking forward to April when I am all done and can get back to the plan to get fit.
  • oreillygurl
    Options
    I had 4 brain tumors. It's a very hard disease to overcome but four times I have won. I try to walk at least 20-30 minutes every day. Just getting outside for fresh air helps my overall attitude and mood. :)
  • sarvet
    sarvet Posts: 3
    Options
    Wow. We are strong people. Thanks everyone for posting. oreillygurl you give me inspiration for the next fight. Chefeiram, radiation sucks but you'll get through it. MrsJeffreyP thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I pray for you all too and I walk for all of us.
    Thankful, Mary
  • mrsjeffreyp
    mrsjeffreyp Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hope today is a good day for you!