Fleet Feet marathon training in Orlando

Options
sdgirl22
sdgirl22 Posts: 225 Member
Has anyone done one of their programs?? I'm thinking about doing one of the half marathon training programs.

Replies

• dlw13
    dlw13 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've never taken one of their programs, but I'm thinking about a half later this year. do you have a race picked out?
  • sdgirl22
    sdgirl22 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    yep, I want to do the half marathon training for the Savannah rock and roll :D The fleet feet program for that starts in June.
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    yep, I want to do the half marathon training for the Savannah rock and roll :D The fleet feet program for that starts in June.

You may want to check out the Orlando Womens Runner Group on meetup.com they are doing the Savannah RNR half and are doing some group runs and organizing some training for it. I signed up for the Disney Wine & Dine also in November so I may be joinining them for some of the training sessions. The meet more centrally for me. Fleet Feet is a bit of a hike for me.

Good luck!
  • marlad33
    marlad33 Posts: 37
    Options
    You may already signed up for something but I just found this group! I have done one of the Fleet Feet training a couple of years ago it was great. They are a great bunch of people and really take the time to make sure that you are doing things the right way. I don't belong to any of their groups anymore but I still go in to get my shoes :-)

Good luck
  • miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'm not from Orlando, I'm from Miami, but I'm doing the Savannah RnR half in November too. I did it last year--my first half marathon--with a group of MFP friends from around the country. We had such a great time that we're meeting up in various cities (Miami, Chicago, Philadelphia...) for several more this year and we're doing Savannah again.
    Hope to see some of you there!