This week I will...

Options
Hey all!
I hope this message finds you all doing well and meeting your wonderful goals!
After having some bumps in the road, I am getting back to it as best I can...slowly!
So here is what I hope to get to this week:
-Sunday Yoga
-Monday Short run
-Tuesday Swim on my own (not masters)
-Wednesday Short run
-Thursday Masters Swim
-Friday Yoga
-Saturday Long Walk
-Sunday Yoga
What are you all comitting to do?
Hope this week goes great!
Alyssa

Replies

• chrisja2
    chrisja2 Posts: 7
    Options
    Looks like a plan.......
    For me, im at the physio monday night for a massage and probably a bollocking for training too hard.
    Also im going to try and limit my caffeine intake.
    That is all.
  • Leesseebee
    Leesseebee Posts: 216
    Options
    I like it! Although, what is wrong that is taking you to the physio?
  • carolinagirl7
    carolinagirl7 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I love these posts, even though I have a plan, it helps me to complete it, by writing it out.
    Sound plan this week Alyssa, it seems you are finally feeling better, just don't overdo it

Training goals for this week

Mon weights and walk 2 miles outside
    Tues spin and walk 1 mile
    Wed weights and walk outside 2 miles
    Thurs spin and 1 walk 1 mile
    Fri swim 2000yards
    Sat weights and activity of choice
    Sun activity of choice and/or rest

The walk outside is in prep for my 5k in 2 weeks. This Sat was a practice run, and the start of the race was below freezing. I have been a wimp this year training inside, and I need to get used to the chilly weather for the race (though who knows, it may be 80 by race day!)This week for food, it is my goal to make the best possible choices I can make. I have a week of lunches I had a little control over planning...As I learn the facility where I am at, it is possible I can bring my own if it looks that bad. Also...fast food breakfast only 1 day this week
  • electriq
    electriq Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your 5km in two weeks Carolinagirl :-)

I like the look for this so my plans for this week are

Monday: 30 mins slow walk
    Tuesday: 30 mins swim and 1 hour cycling commute
    Wednesday: 15 min run and 1 hour cycling commute
    Thursday: 30 min walk and 30 min cycling commute
    Friday: 1 hour swim and 1 hour cycling commute
    Saturday: 20 min run
    Sunday: 1 hour swim and 1 hour cycling commute

I'm itching to get back to my running but had a bit of a mishap with my calf over a week ago so easing back into it this week
  • Drudoo
    Drudoo Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Monday: Swim 4500 yds (90 mins), Weights and Core
    Tuesday: Bike 60 mins
    Wednesday: Swim 3150 yds (60 min), Weights and Core
    Thursday: Bike 60 min, Run 45 min
    Friday: OFF DAY
    Saturday: Bike 150 min, run 100 min, Swim 45 min (3000 yds)
    Sunday: Swim 45 min.

I am less than three weeks out from my first half-ironman of the season. Other than the swim being a little long, Saturday's workout will be close to par for my expected times of my race. It will be a good test to see how my better nutrition and weight loss have affected my times.
  • chrisja2
    chrisja2 Posts: 7
    Options
    I like it! Although, what is wrong that is taking you to the physio?

A strained adductor.
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I am planning on doing my first sprint tri in October. I am planning to start truly training in June. Right now I can run 10K (about 5 miles/hr), am just starting spinning and am teaching myself the front crawl. I am planning on getting to a fitness swimming class 1-2 times a week to improve since I probably can't even swim one solid minute without resting right now. Any tips on getting prepared for training?
  • carolinagirl7
    carolinagirl7 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Training slightly derailed due to a spasm in my back. I think the spasm is finally letting go, but now my back is achy due to being in spasm for several days. Yikes. I think it may have been the extra exertion on Sat for my practice 5k that overdid it (even though the pain did not start until the next day) As I try to be faster with the run, I catch myself leaning forward, and when I start to fatigue, I quit caring about my form and worry about the finish line. WILL I LEVER LEARN??? I get so excited about becoming stronger and faster I still stretch my limits too far...maybe this time around

Wed was a 1000y swim (slow)
    Thurs walk (slow) on the track for 2 miles-refocus on form...it needs to become second nature to me
    Fri will be a 1000y swim and yoga class (I think I deserve to be 15 min late to work after this week!)
    Weekend recreate (around the NCAA Tourney that is :)) Go Tarheels! (UNC)

Durdoo-good luck with the upcoming half ironman...my long term goal is to complete one myself
    electriq- sounds like a great plan for the week, take it easy on that calf
    sonyachan- sounds like a solid plan. Does your area have a triathlon club? If so, that is a resource for training. Swimming is the shortest leg of a spring tri---there were women at my sprint tri that walked the 10 lengths of the pool...you'll be fine. A swim clinic may be beneficial, so you learn correctly. Spinning really has built my strength and endurance, and can not recommend class enough, but it also does not take the place of learning to ride on a real bicycle. Look for group rides in your area. The cyclists that usually lead are a wealth of information on road safety, when to transition gears etc... AND are prepared to help you learn as you will eventually suffer a flat tire, slipped gear etc. Transitions are also important to map out closer to your race. Most of all, have fun with your first one and learn from your first! If you are like me, it only takes the first to get you hooked!
  • ironholgs
    ironholgs Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Swimming has gone out of the window so far this week as I have an infected eye-lid ( conjunctivitis type thing ). Ran 30 miles so far, and done 2 turbo bike sessions.
    Big day planned on saturday with a 5 hour bike, quick transition, and a 2 hour run.

I expect to sleep well saturday night ;-)

Hope everyones injuries heal up soon, and fully.

Drudo - GOOD LUCK, love that distance. Go out and smash it !!
  • Drudoo
    Drudoo Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Thanks! This is my benchmark race every year so I will be able to notice improvements across each discipline. I'm hoping for good weather. My last half-ironman was in Miami in October and it rained for the swim and half the bike.
  • electriq
    electriq Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your 5km in two weeks Carolinagirl :-)

I like the look for this so my plans for this week are

Monday: 30 mins slow walk
    Tuesday: 30 mins swim and 1 hour cycling commute
    Wednesday: 15 min run and 1 hour cycling commute
    Thursday: 30 min walk and 30 min cycling commute
    Friday: 1 hour swim and 1 hour cycling commute
    Saturday: 20 min run
    Sunday: 1 hour swim and 1 hour cycling commute

I'm itching to get back to my running but had a bit of a mishap with my calf over a week ago so easing back into it this week

It's Sunday evening here now and I am pleased to say I did all of this, yay!
    I eased myself back into running with no hiccups so I swapped out Wednesday's walk for a 20 minute run and Saturday's walk for a 40 min run, yee ha!
    I also renewed a monthly membership to the pool and I'm planning on running 3xweek and swimming 3xweek. It's feeling great to back into it all