Fit Test

Options
So i decided i would do Insanity to prepare me for the Marine Corps Marathon. Yes i am going to run it after having two kids and some surgeries i am going to conquer the marathon.

Anyways i did the fit test today and i tried hard i really was sweating. I already want to stop i feel like the insanity can beat me, but i am just hoping for a group to start with me so i can be there for everyone as they will be there for me.
Enjoy can't (but i really can) wait till tomorrows workout!

Replies

• khagador
    khagador Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I did the fit test today and I can't wait til tomorrow to really start. I even considered doing the first workout today, but I'll just go with the program as designed.

How are you doing with it?
  • talmer
    talmer Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm starting week 3 of Insanity today!! I dreaded it at first, but now am addicted. I sweat like CRAZY just during the warm-up and by the end I am drenched. I'm training for a 1/2 marathon in May and it's helped me so much already. I love this workout. It's challenging but I continue to push myselft more and more each workout. Good Luck!!!
  • J3nnaLyn
    J3nnaLyn Posts: 125
    Options
    I'm on week two of Insanity!! It is a crazy workout, but I can already tell a difference in how I feel after only doing 8 workouts. Keep it up!!
  • cjdcastro
    Options
    So I just started this morning. How is everyone doing with it? Any results for you?
  • atxgr8life
    atxgr8life Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 3 of Insanity and definitely need the encouragement of others if I am going to push myself for these next 58 days!
  • jennifer783
    jennifer783 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are on Day 3 today. I thought I was in relatively good shape before this, but I have been proven wrong! Lol :) Good to see a support group to help motivate!!
  • loulou0612
    loulou0612 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hello!!! Today was Day 1 and It was amazing!! I have never had such a great workout!! Cant wait until day 2:)
  • khagador
    Options
    My husband and I are on Day 3 today. I thought I was in relatively good shape before this, but I have been proven wrong! Lol :) Good to see a support group to help motivate!!

Completely agree. I have no problem going out there and doing some steady cardio for 2 solid hours, but 40 minutes of intervals is killer!
  • khagador
    Options
    So I just started this morning. How is everyone doing with it? Any results for you?

After a week, I lost 1.25 inches from my body. .25 from each leg and arm and .25 from my waist. Week 2 I was exactly the same. We'll see what week 3 brings.
  • jennifer783
    jennifer783 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Starting week three this evening! It will be interesting to see some improvements in the Fit Test!! :)

Anyone done it yet?
  • nolakris
    nolakris Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tonight! My husband did his Fit Test this morning and was drenched. I'm looking forward to doing it after work. We took our before pics and measurements last night.
  • khagador
    Options
    Fit Test results:

Baseline/Week 3

switch kick- 109/135
    power jacks- 52/54
    power knees- 78/95
    power jumps- 35/40
    globe jumps- 9/10
    suicide jumps- 15/17
    pushup jacks- 25/20
    plank knees- 45/55

One thing to note: You will be doing these movements with correct form. The numbers may be skewed by comparing your baseline to your week 3 because on your first fit test, you didn't know the motions yet. For example, I was doing my pushup jacks with perfect form this week and on the first test, I was bowing my head, lifting my butt, and not going down as far. Therefore, I'm not discouraged that I didn't do better. It's probably going to be better comparing fit test 2 with fit test 3 because everything will be correct form.