What's your plan?

Options
I was curious if anyone had ideas/recommendations/etc. for what they're going to do to get to their goal by the end of the 12 weeks. Are there any food plans you're going to follow? Exercise plans?

Replies

• WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    For now, I've been on the whole lose 2lbs/wk..1250 calories a day.
  • allietuge
    allietuge Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    My biggest downfall is that I love to snack.
    Also for being a bigger girl I'm such a pickey eatter.

My plan is to get my husband or friends to walk with me - I find it so much easier to workout with someone and it's a lot more fun.

I also plan on finding some lower calorie snacks that I can have during the day.
  • amberntay20
    amberntay20 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    :My plan is start off doing Jillian Micheals 30 day shred along with some more cardio (running, walking and riding my bike)
    :Eat healthy, along with drinking 10-12 glasses of water a day
  • KimR87
    KimR87 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    right now im just going to keep with my 1260 calorie limit I have set but im going to start the C25K using my elliptical
  • genene111
    genene111 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    My plan is to do no alcohol cleanse untill Easter ( I've already started) so for six weeks no wine lol. Keep my workouts super intense. Eat my alloted calories, and when I get back from my week in jamiaca ( may 19th) I will get right back to my routine immediately NO FALLiNG off the wagon!!
  • dawnlynn1977
    dawnlynn1977 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I play volleyball once a week and try to make it to the gym at least twice more per week to do some hard cardio for1/2 hr to an hr (depending on the time I have to be there). I am also sticking to my calorie goal which I lessen a small amount week by week until I am down to 1300 calories/day. Weekends are difficult but I am making progress so far :)
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I started C25K week 4 yesterday, and also added some HIIT at the end - this was the first time doing so.
    Planning on finishing C25K, maybe start bridge to 10K, and add HIIT at least after every other run (currently I run 3-4 times a week).
    I'll also be getting some resistance tubes to start working my upper body, and maybe, finally, get over myself and buy zumba for the wii at full price...
    I'm hoping to get better and not eat more than my allotted 1530 calories a day. Chocolate is my downfall, but i know i can control myself better than i have last week...
  • rae_mayer
    rae_mayer Posts: 226
    Options
    I don't really have a "diet plan" that I follow. I really just watch my calories and I try not to eat back exercise calories too often. My biggest and most important factor is fitness. Right now I'm doing a C25K program on the elliptical (or outside if it's nice enough). I do Zumba 1-2 times a week and I'll be starting an Arabic Dance class in a few weeks.

I think a good goal for me in this challenge will be to try and incorporate more weight training. I'm already pretty strong but getting some good looking muscles for those tank tops would be nice! :wink:
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Continue what I am doing now. Smaller portions of healthy food, the largest portion at breakfast (this was very hard for me but helps the most in weight loss) and I bought a bag of egg colored m & m's and have my husband dole out two per day to me, keeps me from feeling choc & dessert deprived. I let it melt slowly in my mouth….

I also walk and when my back is better go to gym class that is low impact aerobics and weights.
  • adriawall
    adriawall Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I don't eat poorly, just TOO DAMN MUCH.
    My plan in 3 parts: 1) portion control, 2) limit alcohol intake :sad: 3) move more times a week than not

It sounds so simple...then I see the wine!!
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I don't eat poorly, just TOO DAMN MUCH.
    My plan in 3 parts: 1) portion control, 2) limit alcohol intake :sad: 3) move more times a week than not

It sounds so simple...then I see the wine!!
    :laugh: for me it's chocolate... i tried low carb, managed to stick to it all of uh, 3 weeks i think, but the chocolate and milk got me back... i took some wisdom from it though, i think i eat about 80% less carbs then I used to. (It's basically just down to milk and chocolate haha...)

for what it's worth, I cut my alcohol down to only on weekends, one or two drinks, and i am completely drunk after one glass of wine... not sure if that's sad, economical, or just comical :tongue:
  • girl_afraid82
    girl_afraid82 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Continuing what I'm doing really (which has mainly been diet/portion based, but also started Zumba once a week). However I do plan to up the exercise. I've been wanting to tackle 30 Day Shred but have had to figure out how to alter it for my dodgy knees.
    Think I have it down now though, so that should help a lot. Planning to start tomorrow!
  • BigCat175
    BigCat175 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've been at a plateau for too long and just did some research and found that my daily caloric intake per MFP was too high. So I brought that down by like 300 calories to maintain a 500 calorie deficit. To help break through this plateau I'm also going to do mostly raw for a week or two. On the exercise side of things I plan to burn at least as many calories as my largest meal 5 - 6 days per week. Thanks for setting up this challenge.
  • MILICA1986
    MILICA1986 Posts: 172
    Options
    My plan is to reduce the sweets and do not eat when I am bored :glasses:
    And I will try to work out almost every day, at gym and at home
  • 21lauren21
    21lauren21 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My plan is to keep the exercise going as I feel really irritable and run down if I don't exercise, then keep to 1200 calories a day plus half of my exercise calories.
    I am also starting a caffine withdrawl for two week then no caffine at all allowed
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    On days I want wine I put in a port glass and take small sips.

We are going out for St Patricks so I am going to eat less earlier in the day and exercise more....