Had to tell y'all!!

Options
2»

Replies

• treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    We were sitting in the living room the day same-sex marriage was signed into law in WA (it's not official yet, long-ish story). I was playing on the computer, and he was sitting right next to me reading on his Kindle. We commented that the law passed and got signed. He off-handedly asked if I wanted to get married and I accepted. I'm not sure either of us looked at the other.

In the summer of 2010 when Judge Walker Vaughn first ruled against Prop 8, I was in the shower and my partner of 20 years was sitting on the toilet. We were discussing the ruling, and I asked, "So if he doesn't stay the decision, do you want to get married right away?"
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Wow, how beautiful is that? Congratulations! Gay marriage is legal here through out South Africa. I would love to get married on the beach in Cape Town-when i get a partner :-).
  • OhioMade
    OhioMade Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Congrats! So happy for you. Niagra Falls NY is my pick. Corny i know, but still beautiful and romantic.
  • MrCook49
    MrCook49 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Why not get married in the greatest city in the world, where gay marriage has been legal for years! Come on up to Toronto! We would love to have you visit!
  • jkaupanger
    Options
    I'm getting hitched in DC this year. Sadly, it won't count when we're home - just across the river in Virginia. Soon I hope though!
  • MrCook49
    MrCook49 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm getting hitched in DC this year. Sadly, it won't count when we're home - just across the river in Virginia. Soon I hope though!

Congratulations to you too! :flowerforyou:
  • squiggles409
    squiggles409 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! As for that location question; NY has the best of both worlds! you have have the mountains, the beach, the city, you can have whatever you want there. That's just my opinion. lol i may be biased, lived in NY for 4 years
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I've yet to attend a gay wedding. I look forward to the day I do. Though I really am going to have high expectations for decor and food. :tongue: I expect a gift bag!!

In fact I vow not to attend another wedding until homosexuals are allowed to marry! (don't give me too much credit, I just hate going to weddings)

The closest I came to attending a gay wedding was going to a wedding where the husband liked being pegged by his wife.
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: awww so happy for you hun...
  • KaseyWolf
    KaseyWolf Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome and congrats, best wishes or whatever is supposed to be appropriate!! (My mom told me congrats made it sound like you 'finally' cornered and caught someone lol)

No idea about the honeymoon spots. My Ex and I were together 12 years before we split and we never did the marriage thing legally (thank goodness, long story).

It is true when you meet the right one...it falls into place and this is just too cool!

Kasey
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    It went to vote last year in Maine but was banned, but it should be on the ballot again in November and has a good chance of being repealed :) Best of luck!
  • footdoc6
    footdoc6 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is very exciting!!

I would go to Cape Cod or Boston personally! Massachusettes is great in the summer!

I would steer clear of Niagara Falls, NY. (I lived on Grand Island which is 5 minutes from the NY side of Niagara Falls) Niagara Falls, NY is pretty run down and there is really nothing to do there. If you have a passport you can go to the Canadian side which is a lot more fun and "touristy." I believe that it legal in Ontario as well.

Good Luck! Congrats!

Mike
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    All of Canada!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    fab story I have a big smile on my face. We have legal civil partnerships here in the uk. the word marriage would upset god apparently BUT it is back on the political agenda thanks to the catholic church it might just happen, people are finding their anti gay marriage protests disturbing. I would have thought they would have been pro homosexuality given that no birth control is required, funny old world innit
  • kaswain
    kaswain Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I love reading stories like this one, puts a huge smile on my face :)