On my ( . ) and RAVENOUSLY hungry :(

Options
Hey LADIES (only please lol) I started my period yesterday and Im finding it EXTREMELY hard to stop snacking late at night. For example, tonight (11 30 pm) I went into the kitchen and made a small bowl of oat meal (1/2 cup quick oats -150 CALS) with some strawberries and 2 scoops of herbalife powder (110 CALS)...after I ate that I proceeded to make a SECOND bowl of the exact same thing!...

The point is, Im ravenously hungry and I need support/really healthy snacking options/advice :)

PLEASE HELP ME!

Replies

• Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Sounds like what you are eating IS really healthy. Are you looking for healthy and low calorie?
  • GdeVries
    GdeVries Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I get that, too. I'll just have these very very strong cravings. I try to satisfy them with something healthy - the key for me is to wait as long as possible between the first batch and the second batch of whatever it is I'm craving to see if I really do want anymore. If I eat it real soon after the first one, my stomach hasn't even had a chance to register what i've eaten.
    And maybe it is something you really do need, all of our bodies are different. And are changing throughout the month due to hormones. Listen to what it is telling you.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Next time skip the oat meal and go for something more solid...3 oz of a meat protein or a piece of toast with peanut butter. It just makes you feel fuller. If you still feel like you need to snack...grab a bottle of water. Self control! I know you got it!
  • FitSuperwoman
    Options
    Im looking for something more low cal because by 11 30 pm i had already eaten a little over my daily calorie goal anyway and that two bowls was like having an extra meal. :/
  • FitSuperwoman
    Options
    Yeah I will try the water next time and YES self control had ALOT to do with it lol Thanks
  • FitSuperwoman
    Options
    I think you are right about waiting after the first batch! I literally stood in the kitchen, ate the first bowl, then made the second right after. I guess that didnt give my stomach enough time to feel more satisfied? Good idea!
  • tleaf2727
    tleaf2727 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    stupid (.) cravings drive me nuts too! Sometimes i want to lock myself out of the kitchen.
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    To be honest on my first day, if I am starving hungry I give my body what it wants as it's under a lot of pressure. I always think at this time it's good to give in to your cravings. Of course the healthier the better but I wouldn't try and suppress it too much, when I try to ignore it I usually end up in a worse state than I started but I have them quite heavy. I always exercise when I have cramps so it all balances out.
  • rew05d
    rew05d Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. THEN--I went to a health food store after looking up some hunger solutions online and found chia seeds. I know, CH-ch-ch-chia... same thing... but instead of growing grass these little seeds are mostly tasteless, packed full of nutrients, and are a HUGE game changer. 1 tbsp is about 60 cal and really I can only drink about half of that. I usually throw it in the water bottle with some crystal lite lemonade for some flavor or in my greek yogurt in the morning. The nice thing about them is once they are in your stomach, they expand... like a lot! Chia seeds seriously help me keep my hunger in check and I dont think I have ever found anything that is more of a life saver that is good for you as this.... It's like a natural version of sensa but all health and no weird side effects. I would HIGHLY recommend checking out this little known superfood. <3

I can not recommend chia seeds enough... srsly guys.