Daily Challenge :) For 3/13/12

Options
Today's challenge was inspired by group member Claramaynard :)

Challenge:

Today is positive thinking day! If you guys have been having a hard time lately, like myself, today is a day where you take a step back. Think about how far you have come, the sacrifices you have made, the good choices you've made, the new healthy mind of yours. Give yourself a pat on the back and just thank yourself for getting this far and doing what you got to do to make a better, healthy you! Don't you dare think about talking down on yourself, and your goals, for messing up a couple times. We're human, we all mess up. Be positive today. Smile. Laugh. Buy yourself something nice. Enjoy it!

Now, out of all of these positive things in mind, share one (or more) of them with us :)

My positive thing: No matter how much I trip, stumble, or fall off of the bandwagon because all the challenges in my life, I always get back up and continue with a smile. I'm proud of all that I go through and all I manage to handle, it makes me stronger.

Your turn!

Have a great day today, don't forget POSITIVITY!

- Prescilla

tumblr_lxrwxqpLEA1rn9lk0o1_500.jpg

Replies

• nniimmcckk
    nniimmcckk Posts: 74 Member
    Options

My positive thing: No matter how much I trip, stumble, or fall off of the bandwagon because all the challenges in my life, I always get back up and continue with a smile. I'm proud of all that I go through and all I manage to handle, it makes me stronger.

I have to agree Prescilla, I usually "diet" for a couple of weeks, then if I have a bad day, I go into a week/month of negativity/bad eating. Its only recently I've been able to stay POSITIVE, by just picking myself up and carrying on. Its so liberating. Being on MFP really helps with that.

Glad you're feeling happy :) x x
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    sexyminxinthemaking Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    i have been eating really badly over the last week and ive put on 3lbs because of this, all i keep saying is ill start again tomorrow so today is the first day of the new healthy me again. i have upped my exercise in the last few days, making sure i walk for at least 2 hours a day :) so heres to the first day of getting back on the wagon xx
  • Laurakc89
    Laurakc89 Posts: 22
    Options
    I so often reward myslef with food so had to change the habbit of a lifetime!

In this case I finnished an essay for uni, rather than celebrating with pizza, I got myself some bathroom scales and had much more fun working out all the settings!

Was feeling down at the pace of weightloss so thanks for the picture today! Great reminder.
  • BeeSunny
    BeeSunny Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful challenge!!!

This is very important to me because I am a closet binger and recently came out, sort of speaking. I am proud of myself for all the challenges I have had to achieve to get to a point where I can say I have an eating disorder, one I have had since I was 15 years old, and no one knew about. I was ashamed I hated myself and my body, but no more I am proud of myself for stepping out and telling first my husband, then my therapist, and next step is overeaters anonymous!! I am learning it is ok to overeat at times it happens, I have to give myself permission or else I feel horrible and eat more!!! 32 years of bingeing is going to take a while to overcome but I have already taken the first positive step forward!!
  • ready2rockk
    Options
    I. Have been really discouraged lately with how hard I've been working and not seeing results ( well I lost 5.5 inches but no lbs) MFP keeps telling me I can loose 15-20 lbs in 5 weeks if I keep doing what I'm doing but I'm not seeing any sign of that happening. I slipped up this wknd because I was so down about it and figured it wouldn't matter anyways and plus I hurt my back from working out so I was upset about that too. BUT yesterday I got right back to it !! It was soo nice today that I went for 2 walks, one was an hour and the other two and a half hours. Felt amazing afterwards. I stopped weighing myself everyday...out of disappointment..I haven't weighed myself in a week so I'm half looking forward to tmrws weigh in and half not since I. Slipped up on the wknd. Regardless of what happens tmrw I'm still going to give it my all everyday and try not to let it bring me down. I have been eating so well and working out so hard I don't want it to be a waste!
  • bluberrygoo
    bluberrygoo Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    My positive thing is I may be trying to lose weight, but I gained it all from pregancies and I would not change it for anything else. I love my children and were and still are worth it!
  • nniimmcckk
    nniimmcckk Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I love everyones honesty :heart: Its so hard to talk to other people who aren't in the same situation about these feelings.